Highlighted

Read logs XCode when developing a iOS ANE

Explorer ,
Jun 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm developing an iOS library with XCode 6.2 and Intellij for Air Code.

I can debug easily with Intellij, but I'd like to read iOS logs written with NSLog. Stop on breakpoints would be even better.

Right now I'm connecting XCode with Debug -> Attach To Proccess, and seems to work, but it does not stop on breakpoints nor reads logs.

In Android was easy, Catlog app worked just fine. iOS does not seem to have something similar.

Any ideas?

thanks!

Here's my device window:

Screenshot 2015-06-18 11.26.36.png

If the console pane isn't shown at the bottom, click the arrow in the bottom right to show it.  I believe it's collapsed by default, I had troubles finding it when I first used Xcode.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Read logs XCode when developing a iOS ANE

Explorer ,
Jun 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm developing an iOS library with XCode 6.2 and Intellij for Air Code.

I can debug easily with Intellij, but I'd like to read iOS logs written with NSLog. Stop on breakpoints would be even better.

Right now I'm connecting XCode with Debug -> Attach To Proccess, and seems to work, but it does not stop on breakpoints nor reads logs.

In Android was easy, Catlog app worked just fine. iOS does not seem to have something similar.

Any ideas?

thanks!

Here's my device window:

If the console pane isn't shown at the bottom, click the arrow in the bottom right to show it.  I believe it's collapsed by default, I had troubles finding it when I first used Xcode.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 16, 2015 0
Engaged ,
Jun 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't see the device logs when you plug your device in and select "Devices" (cmd + shift + 2)?

I build apps with Flash Builder 4.7, and the NSLogs from my ANEs show up in XCode when I do that (of course, I can also see all the logs from every other process).

However, how to get XCode to debug/do breakpoints if you're not building/launching the app from XCode.....  I have no idea if that's possible.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 17, 2015 0
Explorer ,
Jun 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Xcode 6.2, click on my device -> view device logs  only show Crash logs. Should I do something more or just launch the app should be enough?

About debugging / breakpoints, first I stop the AS3 application with a breakpoint, then go to Xcode and Debug -> attach to process and restart the app from IDE.

Thanks again!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 18, 2015 0
Engaged ,
Jun 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's my device window:

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 18, 2015 2
Explorer ,
Jun 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! you've saved my day ^^

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 18, 2015 0
kheftel LATEST
Engaged ,
Jun 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to be of service .  I also learned something about Xcode debugging, so thank you as well!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 19, 2015 0