• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recommendations for GDPR consent forms for ads for AIR?

Contributor ,
Jan 08, 2019 Jan 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wondering if you guys have a recommendation for a GDPR cookie consent form that plugs into Adobe AIR in Animate (and ideally works on iOS and Android)?  I haven't picked an ad company yet so I'm totally flexible there.

Or is it easy enough to do yourself?  I don't even need it to target the EU necessarily.. If it's functional and nice, I don't mind serving it to everyone... On a moral level, I actually support people blocking cookies

Or, maybe if you guys know, how can you adapt something like this to work in Animate?
Requesting Consent from European Users  |  Android  |  Google Developers

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Jan 23, 2019 Jan 23, 2019

I ended up revisiting Enhance https://enhance.co/

and I got their ads and in app purchases AND GDPR opt-in setting all to work.

So yay, I highly recommend!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,
Jan 17, 2019 Jan 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I tried the distriqt and the Enhance ANE's and I was too n00b to make those work...

So then I tried the Milkman Games ANE and I was able to get ads to load with it...

But as luck would have it, it's the only one that hasn't been updated with the new GDPR consent thingy...

So my new question is.. is it possible to hack an SDK to set the ads as personalized/nonpersonalized anyway?  I don't really know how ANEs work but seems like it might be possible to bridge this gap oneself..?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jan 18, 2019 Jan 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would personally recommend not to go with Milkman ANEs since they are no longer updating their extensions. It would probably be much easier in the long term for you if you go the extra mile and make one of the other ANEs work on your project. Personally I only have experience with Distriqt and I never had problems including any of their ANEs into our games. I have not worked with ads, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 18, 2019 Jan 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that's fair advice.

Yeah I hear that was the word on the street.. The website took $140 of mine no problem though.  Seems kind of wrong O.o  Guess I should try and dispute the charge then lol.

Yeah I think I'll have to re-visit the other ANEs anyway.  I was trying to see if the child setting could be used in lieu of the non-personalized ad setting (since milkman still has this variable), but I think the result there is that basically no ads load cuz of the low demand for child-directed ads 😕  Anyway *sigh*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 23, 2019 Jan 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ended up revisiting Enhance https://enhance.co/

and I got their ads and in app purchases AND GDPR opt-in setting all to work.

So yay, I highly recommend!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi dolldivine!

I want to ask you if you are still using Enhance as a solution.

I was using the Admob Adverts ANE from Distriqt for a while but with the latest updates of their ANE regarding getting consent from EU users, etc, trying to implement it to my apps became a nightmare... (I know almost nothing about coding)

Then I read your post and went to their website and it seems a solution for someone like me...

I will appreciate your feedback.

Regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines