Highlighted

requestSoftKeyboard Windows 8

Explorer ,
Mar 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I'm trying to get an existing App working on a Wibows 8 samsung ativ smart pc.. I've noticed a few things not quite working right, double click for one.

But the most important one at the moment is that I can't get the soft keyboard to display. The code works fine on iOs and  Android.

_base._user.needsSoftKeyboard = true;

_base._user.requestSoftKeyboard();

Is there something I'm missing?

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

requestSoftKeyboard Windows 8

Explorer ,
Mar 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I'm trying to get an existing App working on a Wibows 8 samsung ativ smart pc.. I've noticed a few things not quite working right, double click for one.

But the most important one at the moment is that I can't get the soft keyboard to display. The code works fine on iOs and  Android.

_base._user.needsSoftKeyboard = true;

_base._user.requestSoftKeyboard();

Is there something I'm missing?

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 28, 2014 0
Explorer ,
Mar 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm giving up.. I'm going to have to port the project to a standard SWF framework and using MDM Zinc to launch TabTip.exe

System.exec("C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\microsoft shared\\ink\\TabTip.exe");

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 31, 2014 0
Engaged ,
Mar 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't tell from your code snippet, but are you also setting the input to have focus?

stage.focus = _base._user;

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 31, 2014 0
Explorer ,
Apr 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes I have tried that

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 04, 2014 0
Engaged ,
Apr 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just clutching at straws, but i wonder if you need to specify something in your application.xml to make it work?  See this link: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/air/build/WSfffb011ac560372f-5d0f4f25128cc9cd0cb-7ffd.html#WS901d38e593c...

In particular there may be a setting to force the app to use 'touchscreen', 'multi touch' or 'virtual keyboard'?  It seems to me that at the moment the app (the AIR runtime) doesn't think these things are supported.  If you could force it to think the app was running on a mobile device (for example) it may work?

Try:

<supportedProfiles>mobileDevice</supportedProfiles>

Another long shot, but during initialisation, try setting MultiTouch?

Multitouch.inputMode = MultitouchInputMode.TOUCH_POINT;

Worth a shot.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 06, 2014 0
Explorer ,
Apr 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for getting back to me.

I've tried what you mentioned above, but unfortunetely to no avail.

I'm sure there's got to be a solution out there.. I'm really not happy with the Zinc solution. It's a bit strange how Native Process can't launch TabTip.exe.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 08, 2014 0
Explorer ,
Apr 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 10, 2014 0