Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Resolution capped at 1136x640 on iPhone 6 and 6 Plus

Explorer ,
Feb 04, 2015 Feb 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

Using Starling or native display list, I simply can't get to render at the true resolution of an iPhone 6 (1337x750) or an iPhone 6 Plus (1920x1080).

Using AIR 15, 16.0.0.283 AND 17.0.0.96 (yes I saw that uploaded a few hours ago) on Windows or Mac.

I've had problems in the past with recognizing resolutions due to launch images being improperly configured. I do however have the Default-568h@3x.png (1242x2208 for iPhone 6 Plus) properly loading since the release of AIR 16.0.0.2**.

The very problem is apparent in the main class at boot time with the native stage.

stage.stageWidth = 1920 (configured in-line from the .swf)

stage.fullScreenWidth = 1136 (actual runtime resolution)

This problem ONLY occurs with iPhone 6 and 6 Plus. Desktop builds, iPad retina and non-retinas and Android devices work well. I've tried every possible configuration in the descriptor, normal and fullscreen mode, etc etc.

For the time being I have my game do scaling and the rendering looks OK, but it still isn't running at the native resolution of the device.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Thank you!

TOPICS
Air beta

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 08, 2015 Feb 08, 2015

Hi Nicola,

Thanks for reporting the problem, However we verified it and found that you are using incorrect launch image name for iPhone 6 and iPhone plus. Please find below the correct names.

iPhone 6 :  Default-375w-667h@2x.png ( 750x 1334 )

iPhone 6 plus : Default-414w-736h@3x.png (1242 x 2208)

Please let us know if you still face any difficulty.

Regards,

Jitender

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Feb 05, 2015 Feb 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same issue here. But I learned to live with it for now as it  scales fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 05, 2015 Feb 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 08, 2015 Feb 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nicola,

Thanks for reporting the problem, However we verified it and found that you are using incorrect launch image name for iPhone 6 and iPhone plus. Please find below the correct names.

iPhone 6 :  Default-375w-667h@2x.png ( 750x 1334 )

iPhone 6 plus : Default-414w-736h@3x.png (1242 x 2208)

Please let us know if you still face any difficulty.

Regards,

Jitender

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 09, 2015 Feb 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I tried with the different images and it seems like it's working for the iPhone6 Plus! Have you considered having descriptors dictate explicit paths to launch images? Information on Apple's site and AIR documentation doesn't make it very clear.

I'm experiencing some flickering with the splash images as you posted. Do you have landscape variant that might fix it?

Also,

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 09, 2015 Mar 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nicola,

You can find detailed information regarding launch images on our public blog Launch Images on iOS with Adobe AIR.

Hope this helps !

Thanks,

Jitender

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 08, 2015 Jul 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have attached a picture in the bugbase demonstrating my Eclipse project with the image Default-375w-667h@2x~iphone.png in the src that is being packaged. Still with Adobe AIR 18.0.0.180 the screen resolution for iPhone 6 is incorrect at 640x1136.

I tried setting <fullScreen>true</fullScreen> and <fullScreen>false</fullScreen> and both have the same result. I also tried <aspectRatio>portrait</aspectRatio> and <aspectRatio>landscape</aspectRatio> and both have same result.

Please lets get this taken care of.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines