Highlighted

Retrieving text file written to File.applicationStorageDirectory on iPad

Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am creating an iPad only application using AS3 / Air and it is basically a form that captures user data at an exhibition.

I am saving the form data to a csv file in the File.applicationStorageDirectory

I would like to get this csv file at the end of each day and email it to the client.

Any ideas how I can retrieve this file?

Thanks

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Retrieving text file written to File.applicationStorageDirectory on iPad

Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am creating an iPad only application using AS3 / Air and it is basically a form that captures user data at an exhibition.

I am saving the form data to a csv file in the File.applicationStorageDirectory

I would like to get this csv file at the end of each day and email it to the client.

Any ideas how I can retrieve this file?

Thanks

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 25, 2016 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't you use exactly the same technique to read the file as you do to write the file? Once you have it read in, you could use navigateToURL() to do a GET or POST to a script on a server somewhere, that would do the actual emailing.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 25, 2016 0