• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Samsung saying we are required to submit app that was developed using Samsung SDK after July1, 2014 - End of Air for Samsung?

New Here ,
May 31, 2014 May 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got an email from Samsungs Seller office saying:

1. When submitting new app in Seller Office, you are required to submit app that was developed using Samsung SDK.

Samsung SDKs are the tools that help sellers to make apps using Samsung device-specialized functions such as S Pen, Finger Print, Gesture, Motion and more. Please visit SAMSUNG DEVELOPERS (http://developer.samsung.com/) to download Samsung SDKs and obtain additional information.

In case of existing apps registered in Seller Office, the apps can be updated without using Samsung SDK.

2. Samsung Seller membership will be terminated for those who registered before February 20, 2014 (GMT +09:00), but have not submitted any apps to Samsung Apps Seller Office. (Membership termination date : June 30, 201

Does this mean we can no longer submit AIR based apps???

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jun 12, 2014 Jun 12, 2014

MetaHaze I emailed the Samsung support team and was told that AIR based apps will no longer be accepted after July 1. And it will be impossible to submit any apps without using the samsung SDK.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 31, 2014 May 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For what it’s worth, we have submitted three apps to Samsung, and the combined total of the three for the last month is about half of the downloads for just the worst of the three in iTunes. So, no great loss to not submit to Samsung.

It will affect friends of mine though, who are doing apps in conjunction with Samsung themselves. I imagine they will need to continue to submit to the Samsung store!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 02, 2014 Jun 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow I hope this is not true, another loss for AIR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jun 03, 2014 Jun 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not loss. Anyone published to Samsung Market? I don't know anyone. What exactly you will loss? few dollars per year?

Also as I understand - you can publish Adobe Air. But you must use in-app-puchase from Samsung IAP SDK | SAMSUNG Developers only for samsung.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 10, 2014 Jun 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have my SparkChess in all major stores. By far, Samsung's store is the lowest performer, lower than Blackberry's AppWorld for Playbook - and that's a discontinued device. So that's the least of my worries.

Now what about Windows Store?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 12, 2014 Jun 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MetaHaze I emailed the Samsung support team and was told that AIR based apps will no longer be accepted after July 1. And it will be impossible to submit any apps without using the samsung SDK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 12, 2014 Jun 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While it sucks to see the support for this dropping from Samsung, it is quite a waste of time. Their App Store has given me very poor performance and I only look at it as a great free testing environment.

Their testing team found a lot of things that were very useful to make my apps better. Sad to see that go!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2014 Jun 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We were contacted by 100%Indie to post out game on Samsung....I thought this could be a great opportunity.....my app passed all their tests without any mods but sales were dismal....even with promotion from 100%Indie.  This is no loss whatsoever from my perspective.

As someone else mentioned, it would be great to be able to publish to Windows Store. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 24, 2016 Jan 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To my knowledge samsung is a very good company and releases quickly..i personal feel that apps work like a charm in samsung devices..also checkout the latest samsung Valentines Day Whatsapp Wishes. Hope they work for all your samsung devices

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines