Highlighted

Screen orientation changes in UIViews of an ANE don't work anymore since ios9

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

we use an Air based mobile application on iOS that has an ANE to display a custom native UIView component inside the app (as a subview). This worked very well in the past (we introduced it for the ios 8 release). And the app still works on iOs 9.

But when we now recompile the (not modified!) application using the latest Air 22 runtime and XCode 7.3 we run into an interesting issue. While the surrounding Air application handels device orientation events just fine, the UIView component of the ANE doesn't rotate anymore

so it sticks in the portrait orientation.

The UIView component of the ANE just listens for any orientation events based on UIDeviceOrientationDidChangeNotification to update its view frame by just taking the updated size of the parent's view frame (which is the application view managed by Air). But unfortunately the parent's frame coordinates doesn't change anymore, they stick to eg. 0,0,768,1024 (portrait orientation) on the ipad.

Also setting the UIView's size directly has no effect on the size or orientation of the view anymore. It's just ignored. I wonder what could have been changed in iOS 9 that newly compiled apps behave in that strange manner.

We also tried the old Air release that we originally used but it doesn't matter. We unfortunately don'T have any iOS 8 devices anymore and tghe iOS simulator never worked pretty well, especially when using an ANE.

Btw. using the ANE's UI View component in a non-flash native application works fine so the coordinates of the view changes.

Any hints what could go wrong here?

Thanks,

Robin

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Screen orientation changes in UIViews of an ANE don't work anymore since ios9

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

we use an Air based mobile application on iOS that has an ANE to display a custom native UIView component inside the app (as a subview). This worked very well in the past (we introduced it for the ios 8 release). And the app still works on iOs 9.

But when we now recompile the (not modified!) application using the latest Air 22 runtime and XCode 7.3 we run into an interesting issue. While the surrounding Air application handels device orientation events just fine, the UIView component of the ANE doesn't rotate anymore

so it sticks in the portrait orientation.

The UIView component of the ANE just listens for any orientation events based on UIDeviceOrientationDidChangeNotification to update its view frame by just taking the updated size of the parent's view frame (which is the application view managed by Air). But unfortunately the parent's frame coordinates doesn't change anymore, they stick to eg. 0,0,768,1024 (portrait orientation) on the ipad.

Also setting the UIView's size directly has no effect on the size or orientation of the view anymore. It's just ignored. I wonder what could have been changed in iOS 9 that newly compiled apps behave in that strange manner.

We also tried the old Air release that we originally used but it doesn't matter. We unfortunately don'T have any iOS 8 devices anymore and tghe iOS simulator never worked pretty well, especially when using an ANE.

Btw. using the ANE's UI View component in a non-flash native application works fine so the coordinates of the view changes.

Any hints what could go wrong here?

Thanks,

Robin

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 07, 2016 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thanks for reporting the issue.

Could you please share sample project so that it will be helpful for us to reproduce at our end ?

Regards,

Mayank

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 07, 2016 0
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

it takes some time to provide an easy test app. That's why I just started to look around to find a nice sample code with an easy UIView somewhere. And that's why I stumbled over this old AIR 15 issue:

Bug#3837136 - Apps Built with AIR for iOS 8 reporting incorrect UISCreen dimensions

Well, that sounds exactly like my issue besides that he uses the bounds coordinates instead of the frame size. But I also checked those bounds and they behave the same way: No change at all!

So this issue is supposed to have been fixed in Air 17 already, right? Any chance that this issue now re-occurred in ios9?

Thanks,

Robin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 07, 2016 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thanks for information. I tried the project related to this mentioned bug and its working fine for me on iOS 9, checked on both iphone and ipad.

I am attaching the project please try at your end, or please try to share your sample project so it will be helpful to reproduce your bug at our end,

Could you also try to use latest AIR SDK from here - Download Adobe AIR SDK

Regards,

Mayank

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 08, 2016 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please find the attached file for sample project.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 08, 2016 0
dpRob LATEST
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

unfortunately I can't try it out at the moment because Flash Builder crashes when I try to import the project to my workspace.

Also the ANE itself can't be rebuild because there is no native source code.

Regards,

Robin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 11, 2016 0