Highlighted

Screen size for Air for IOS

Participant ,
Jul 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Friends,

Iam going to create an app for IOS using Air. Pls tell me what is the stage size I have to keep? Same time iam converting old lesson as an app. I mean iam loading the lesson in to my app. that size was 1028x720. will it show clearly in tab? looking for your suggestions and help.

Thanks and Regards,

Syed Abdul Rahim

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Screen size for Air for IOS

Participant ,
Jul 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Friends,

Iam going to create an app for IOS using Air. Pls tell me what is the stage size I have to keep? Same time iam converting old lesson as an app. I mean iam loading the lesson in to my app. that size was 1028x720. will it show clearly in tab? looking for your suggestions and help.

Thanks and Regards,

Syed Abdul Rahim

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 24, 2016 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The default scale mode is showAll, and with that your stage will fill the width of an iPad and most of the height. It would also fill the height of the iPhone 5, and most of the width.

You could place a lower layer that has a background pattern or color, that extends beyond the edges of the stage. If that background was say 1400x900, that should be enough to fill in the borders for all devices.

One other thing, for the app to fill the iPhone 5, and later iPhones, make sure you have added the right splash screens to the General tab in the AIR publishing settings. The important one is called Default-568h@2x.png, and it would be 640 wide and 1136 tall. As you are making a landscape app, you would take a 1136x640 version of your splash screen, and rotate it 90 degrees clockwise to make the correct image.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 24, 2016 0
Engaged ,
Jan 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But do you have to add code to the app.xml file to get it to work?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 13, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was giving an answer for when using Animate. As I mentioned in the other topic you replied to, just add the image to the General tab of iOS publish settings. In the Files section of that tab. No need for any XML changes.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 13, 2019 1