Highlighted

SecureSocket Android

New Here ,
Jun 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

In our application we've added a secure socket to communicate with our server. We have a valid wildcard certificate for our domain (with a trust chain to digicert).

On Windows, iOS and Mac the secure socket works. On android however it fails to connect with an error message 'untrusted signer'. I've added the digicert intermediate and root certificate to the air certification chain using the "addBinaryChainBuildingCertificate" method of the secure socket.

The error message now changes to 'invalid'.

To resolve the issue I need to add our own public certificate to the socket using the addBinaryChainBuildingCertificate(). This ofcourse defeats the purpose of a certificate authority.

Anybody got some experience with this issue? We believe this issue is related to the wildcard certificate as we're pretty sure it worked using a none wild-card certificate,.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

SecureSocket Android

New Here ,
Jun 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

In our application we've added a secure socket to communicate with our server. We have a valid wildcard certificate for our domain (with a trust chain to digicert).

On Windows, iOS and Mac the secure socket works. On android however it fails to connect with an error message 'untrusted signer'. I've added the digicert intermediate and root certificate to the air certification chain using the "addBinaryChainBuildingCertificate" method of the secure socket.

The error message now changes to 'invalid'.

To resolve the issue I need to add our own public certificate to the socket using the addBinaryChainBuildingCertificate(). This ofcourse defeats the purpose of a certificate authority.

Anybody got some experience with this issue? We believe this issue is related to the wildcard certificate as we're pretty sure it worked using a none wild-card certificate,.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 02, 2016 0
NilsTT LATEST
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've still got no solution to this problem. The root cause seems to be  "Error #2048: Security sandbox violation"

Research on this leads to the cross-domain-xml. But that does not apply to AIR ( Adobe Flex 4.6 * Loading same-domain and cross-domain applications )

chris.campbell​ from your post regarding SSL and air 19, you seems to have some knowledge on this, any insights?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 06, 2016 0