Highlighted

Select A Radio Button With ActionScript Attached To A Group By Group Name

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a set of radio buttons that are apart of the same group (radioGroup), and 1 of the radio buttons I gave an instance name of "first".

I have been able to access which radio buttons are selected by using the following: first.radioGroup.group.selection.value

That part works fine, however, I cannot seem to figure out how to select a radio button by coding something like, first.radioGroup.group.selection = THE LABEL/VALUE OF ONE OF MY BUTTONS

I'm trying to simply having to use a ton of "if statements"  and having to assign a instance name to all my radio buttons. I would think there is a way to select a radio button based on the group it is in?

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Select A Radio Button With ActionScript Attached To A Group By Group Name

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a set of radio buttons that are apart of the same group (radioGroup), and 1 of the radio buttons I gave an instance name of "first".

I have been able to access which radio buttons are selected by using the following: first.radioGroup.group.selection.value

That part works fine, however, I cannot seem to figure out how to select a radio button by coding something like, first.radioGroup.group.selection = THE LABEL/VALUE OF ONE OF MY BUTTONS

I'm trying to simply having to use a ton of "if statements"  and having to assign a instance name to all my radio buttons. I would think there is a way to select a radio button based on the group it is in?

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 09, 2014 0

Have something to add?