Highlighted

send and receive data between AirforIOS and htmlpage.

Participant ,
Dec 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Friends,

iam creating an app using AirforIOS, in this I can open a webpage (html) using navigateToURL. I want to track whether user finished reading the page by clicking on a finished button. For that I need to send datas (pagename, name of the user, no of pages finished) back to my same AIR ( my app).

please help me to do this dear... how can I send datas to AS3 or AIR from HTML page or javascript.

Thanks and Regards,

Syed Abdul Rahim

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

send and receive data between AirforIOS and htmlpage.

Participant ,
Dec 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Friends,

iam creating an app using AirforIOS, in this I can open a webpage (html) using navigateToURL. I want to track whether user finished reading the page by clicking on a finished button. For that I need to send datas (pagename, name of the user, no of pages finished) back to my same AIR ( my app).

please help me to do this dear... how can I send datas to AS3 or AIR from HTML page or javascript.

Thanks and Regards,

Syed Abdul Rahim

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 09, 2018 0
Explorer ,
Dec 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't know if this would work for IOS, I have used successfully with Windows

In the calling application set up a localConnection before calling your html process

create a flex(flash) web application that packages up the URLVars and passes them to the localCollection

on completion of your html process call the above page with your URLVars , it will pass on the data to Adobe Air, decode and use.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 18, 2018 0
Advocate ,
Dec 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's likely that this web flash/flex app will be blocked by default by the browser especially when opening within a htmlviewer in Ios. The best solution is a webservice or rest api.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 18, 2018 0
Explorer ,
Dec 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is likely that web flash/flex app will be blocked by default unless the environment is a controlled one (internal to an organisation)

Its unlikely that the webservice/rest api is an option as the html process has been launched in an external web browser (navigateToURL) and will not have to capability to communicate that it has finished.

Its not perfect but works(at least until 2020)

If htmlviewer components were better such that they could display modern web pages that would be a better solution.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 18, 2018 0
ASWC LATEST
Advocate ,
Dec 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use a webservice even in that setup by simply generating an id  (like sha1 based) and passing this along with your navigateToUrl call then all you have to do is contact your webservice with that id and let the webservice tell you what the user (with that specific id) is doing on that page.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 19, 2018 0