• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sending a custom bytearray trough a netstream not working

New Here ,
May 05, 2013 May 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, first of all, (guys of Adobe) your doing a great job! Keep up the good work. However I do have a problem.

For a client, I want to build peer to peer video calling on tablets. Now this works like a charm, until you hit the huge echo.

Because we still don't have AEC for mobile, I want to fix it myself. So my plan is this:

- create a native extention that captures the mic sound (IOS).

- trow this sound trough the noise reduction and echo cancellation filter of IOS (which has a special chip for it).

- pass this filtered sound to air

- let air send it to the other peers.

Now the first part is not so hard, I have it almost all setup, but for some reason, I cant get my sound byte stream to the other peers. Because normally you would do something like netStream.attachMic() and netStream.attachCamera(). But because we have a custom bytestream, you cant use those api's (because we want to use netStream.appendBytes()). So, I need to construct a custom byte stream with filtered audio + video.

Now I have done that, but air keeps giving me the error "invalid param" when I do this:

_outgoingStream.appendBytes(pStream);

So I gues my stream is not valid, but valid for what? I just want to send these bytes accross.

My bytearray is constructed like this:

- nr of audio bytes

- audio bytes

- nr of video bytes (can be 0 when no new bitmapdata is constructed because of inactivity)

- video bytes

Anyone here who can help? If we can fix this, we have AEC for IOS (and soon for Android).

Cheers,

Marc Abbink from Holland

@Adobe: if you could give me an estimate of when AEC is implemented for mobile, than that would Really help.

TOPICS
FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2014 Mar 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has this functionality been added since this post was made?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2014 Mar 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This functionality is not yet added. But the sollution is to build it otherwise.

We managed to make it work, but it's not easy. Adobe's video calling is just not suitable for phone/tablet calling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 21, 2014 Mar 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think that with the current state of the Adobe AIR Adobe Flash platforms, there is too much work to do to get echo cancellation to work on all platforms, and to get video to work as expected too. I think Adobe could solve many of these issues by implementing native WebRTC into the AIR platform, see this post here:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/6232094#6232094

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines