Highlighted

Sending Email from AIR Windows desktop application

Explorer ,
Sep 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am developing a touch screen kiosk installation in AIR to run on a Windows computer, and it needs to send emails with an image attachment. I know this is possible using PHP, but are there any simpler ways, perhaps a Windows native extension?

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Sending Email from AIR Windows desktop application

Explorer ,
Sep 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am developing a touch screen kiosk installation in AIR to run on a Windows computer, and it needs to send emails with an image attachment. I know this is possible using PHP, but are there any simpler ways, perhaps a Windows native extension?

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 08, 2014 0
Advocate ,
Sep 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't need any native extensions. Email it's just "language" between servers. if you want to send from your registered email - solution can be found easy. You need to send email using socket connections directly.

1) connect to your refereed email service (server) like gmail via sockets

2) send message with attachements

Start digging from goggle by keywords "Adobe AIR mail client". Like kapili-mail - A sleek Adobe AIR email client. - Google Project Hosting and etc. Few years ago I done similar with SSL connection. But due lack of time I not update and not publish sources. But you can find many different sources.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 09, 2014 0