Highlighted

shortcut broken on AIR application update

Explorer ,
Sep 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I push out an update for one of my desktop AIR apps that a client may have installed on a Windows 7 or 8 machine, the shortcuts to the app become broken and therefore useless. This gives my clients the appearance that my application is busted when it is not. I continuously have to instruct Windows 7 and 8 users to delete any shortcuts and go to the install directory and create a new shortcut.

Note that I use the Apache Flex 4.13 build AND that I only tally the version number in the *-app.xml file as I always have.

Thanks,

Jack Ring

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

shortcut broken on AIR application update

Explorer ,
Sep 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I push out an update for one of my desktop AIR apps that a client may have installed on a Windows 7 or 8 machine, the shortcuts to the app become broken and therefore useless. This gives my clients the appearance that my application is busted when it is not. I continuously have to instruct Windows 7 and 8 users to delete any shortcuts and go to the install directory and create a new shortcut.

Note that I use the Apache Flex 4.13 build AND that I only tally the version number in the *-app.xml file as I always have.

Thanks,

Jack Ring

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 09, 2014 0

Have something to add?