Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Showcase your Air creations

Advocate ,
Dec 15, 2017 Dec 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

we definitely need a showcase section in the forums. Until that's available, maybe we can use this thread to share some of the amazing games and apps that people create with Adobe Air! I'll start:

We have released our game on Steam yesterday! It's a bundle of all our 6 online card games that were previously available on the browser and on mobile. Initially I was planning for Windows only, but after a short talk in the team I decided to give Mac OS X a shot and it actually took only a couple of hours from installing Air SDK on the Macbook to having the Mac build online in Steam. No unexpected issues, just very smooth build and everything working as it should.

Here is a link to the game in case you want to check it out (free to download):

Palace of Cards on Steam

Each game has it's own preloader so we can download updates on Steam without having to update the build directly on Steam. That means the update mechanism easily hooks into our existing update pipeline and does not create any additional effort for us.

What about you?

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Dec 15, 2017 Dec 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 20, 2017 Dec 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not want to boost our marketing efforts, I just wanted to connect with fellow devs from the forums and get to know each other a bit better. Showcase forums are a thing in other communities so I thought I'd give it a try. But if I'm the only one interested we can rest the case.

Kind regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you may have a different showcase idea. In your one the focus could be about what techniques you used, rather than just being about what the final product did.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The card games looking awesome, rewb0rn! I'd love to here more about the process of building for Steam.

I also like this showcase idea! It would be great to swap thoughts on techniques and get feedback during development. I'm a solo indie, and external impulses are very welcome I might post about my current project soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 21, 2017 Dec 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's a great idea!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines