Highlighted

Simplified Chinese translation. How to set the Supported Language behavior for iOS?

Explorer ,
May 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have an app that features several languages, all of them work well, now I included simplified Chinese to the build and changed the names and supported languages tag to:

<name>
<text xml:lang="en">EN</text>
<text xml:lang="de">DE</text>
<text xml:lang="fr">FR</text>
<text xml:lang="it">IT</text>
<text xml:lang="es">ES</text>
<text xml:lang="zh-Hans">CN</text>
</name>

<supportedLanguages>en de fr it es zh</supportedLanguages>

However, the ipa is build and all languages do work except for Chinese. Can anyone see why?

The internal fallback solution is to display the English version when no supported language is selected and I just get the English version when switching the language to Chinese from the Settings app.

All other supported languages do work though.

Best,

Josh

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Simplified Chinese translation. How to set the Supported Language behavior for iOS?

Explorer ,
May 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have an app that features several languages, all of them work well, now I included simplified Chinese to the build and changed the names and supported languages tag to:

<name>
<text xml:lang="en">EN</text>
<text xml:lang="de">DE</text>
<text xml:lang="fr">FR</text>
<text xml:lang="it">IT</text>
<text xml:lang="es">ES</text>
<text xml:lang="zh-Hans">CN</text>
</name>

<supportedLanguages>en de fr it es zh</supportedLanguages>

However, the ipa is build and all languages do work except for Chinese. Can anyone see why?

The internal fallback solution is to display the English version when no supported language is selected and I just get the English version when switching the language to Chinese from the Settings app.

All other supported languages do work though.

Best,

Josh

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 23, 2014 0
Engaged ,
May 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the names, try this:

<text xml:lang="zh_Hans">

or this for traditional:

<text xml:lang="zh_Hant">

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 23, 2014 0
Explorer ,
May 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Flexercised,

however, this doesn't solve the problem...

I found the mistake, within Flash zh_CN was the solution BUT

the name below the icon is not displayed right.

The .plist file with the name is not written within the language folder when exporting the app.

All folders are created, but within the Chinese folders the name file is missing, therefore it can't be seen on the device. I found that a bunch of people have the same problem and already filed a bug report...

It seems that the only way to get this to work is to extract the binary, add the file manually and resign the build...

It is the same as a couple of years before. I hope that I can find the scripts to do that. If any one has WORKING ones, that would be highly appreciated.

Best,

Josh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 26, 2014 0
Engaged ,
May 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I looked at it again. It works if the app xml file is saved as ansi not utf-8. Then the chinese characters need to be escaped. So you can try:

<text xml:lang="zh_Hans">&#x4e12;&#x4e17;&#x4e1f;&#x4e20;&#x4e21;</text>

I did a test and this is working.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 28, 2014 0