• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Size limit of included file in AIR for DESKTOP application

Engaged ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In AIR 32, if I create a .air installer including a movie of 300Mb, during install I get the infamous error: "The application could not be installed because the installer file is damaged. Try obtaining a new installer file from the application author."

Tracking down things, it appears if a .mp4 is too large installer will not work on windows.

Works fine on iPad.

Anibody knows a workaround or what is this size limit?

Thank you

TOPICS
Development , Installation , Packaging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had issues even creating the install package with any singular file bigger 160Mb.

Are you packaging in  Animate, Flash Builder or Develop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 17, 2019 Nov 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried Animate and command line. It gets packaged well, but on installation it reports broken installer. Yep seems the limit is 160Mb.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 17, 2019 Nov 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do a captive runtime installer, long time ago did some tests and could embed 700MB of videos for Windows desktop and iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The limit is for single file size. I have never hit the total files amount, this app gets close to 2GB and as long as no single file is larger than 160Mb installs good. App with captivate runtime casts an error during the compile process if a single file is larger than 160,  am doing this from Animate though. Anyway, for this occasion files must be embedded in distributable app, so no choice other than to re-encode to large movie 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

my test was single file, like 700+ MB for 1 video file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We dynamically download all videos on the first run now.  Easy to do, saves package size.  They stay in the user folder even if they uninstall and re-install, so you'll need to date check the assets.   Still limited to under about 1.5 gigs though.  Really large downloads seem to fail due to memory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines