Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Softkeyboard pan issue in AIR for Android

Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2016 Apr 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I know lot of people have asked this question before but doesn't seem anyone received a proper fix. We have to use GPU or Direct mode only, due to which the screen doesn't pan (despite of setting the value to pan in the XML).

What can we do to overcome this limitation? We are hard pressed for a production release, so every bit of help will be greatly appreciated.

Warm Regards,

Parag

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jun 15, 2016 Jun 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There was a discussion in the Stage3D facebook group yesterday, I just quickly share the notes that some people posted there for your convenience. You basically have to take note when the keyboard is activated and then move your stage up a bit. Details:

RC: Also beware that on Android, Stage.softKeyboardRect.height is incorrect... Sadly the only way I've found is to use this ANE https://github.com/freshplanet/ANE-KeyboardSize.... Keep in mind that you must run the ANE to get the height, once the entire keyboard is visible. If you call it too early, you'll get the height of what is visible.

DY: I worked on this all night tonight as well. The only solution in the end was to manage the elements on the stage yourself by listening to the keyboard activate event. The above ANE works like a charm, Measure the height once and store it for android cause it take a bit the first time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines