Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Speed up StageWebView?

Explorer ,
May 18, 2015 May 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Are there any tricks to initialize a StageWebView faster?

Currently it's takes a lot of time to load a website in a StageWebView. (iPhone 6, AIR 17)

Any tips welcome!

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2015 Dec 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, I'm looking for answers to this too.  The most significant speed up I've found is to decrease the frame rate when stagewebview has focus.  This does not affect load, but rather scrolling performance and animation.

With regard to load time, if possible, you should minimize the amount of external resources being loaded.  A typical browser will only handle upwards of 8 concurrent connections.  I assume whatever Stagewebview is using is the same or less.  If there are more resources than that being loaded, they'll have to wait until the first set is done.  This is why spritesheets and the merging of JS documents has value.

Hopefully Adobe redoes StageWebView soon.  In the mean time, I would appreciate any other suggestions you may have come across.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines