• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stage3D antialiasing on mobile devices, e.g. iOS, is still disabled, why?

New Here ,
Dec 13, 2015 Dec 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I wonder why Stage3D antialiasing on mobile devices (desktop is no problem / enabled), e.g. iOS, ist still disabled?

Newer devices like latest iPads are powerful enough to support this feature, and I believe many other tablets (Android etc.) too. 3D-object-antialiasing on iOS via SceneKit works like a charm with no or less performance issues (depending on the 3D-scene/object-complexity of course). Enabling this feature would be a huge improvement concerning 3D-rendering-quality, not only for games but also for other app-concepts using 3D.

I hope there are plans to enable this feature soon, if not, I would like to know why, in order to be able to advise our current and future customers concerning the technology we should use for production.

Thanks,

Vatro

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2015 Dec 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

in order to avoid this post becoming a dead-end:

There is a new feature-request on Adobe Bugbase concerning stage3D anti-aliasing on mobile devices I would strongly encourage you to vote for:

https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=4101164

as for today Stage3D anti-aliasing of 3D-content is disabled for all mobile devices. This means that the edges of your 3D-object will always be jagged on a mobile device. On hiDPI devices (e.g. Retina Display) the jaggedness is less obvious, but still clearly visible. And no, you currently can't make this better, i.e. "supersharp".

Thank you & good luck with your 3D mobile app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines