Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stage3D performance issues on the various mobile devices

Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2015 Sep 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello ~

I have developed game project with air mobile. (forgive my bad English)

We used stage3d to develop 2D ActionGame. Although it's based on 2D, we used lots of sprite and effect, so it needs to high spec mobile device.

Recently we tested the game on the Android Mobile device. Target devices are Galaxy Edge(QHD), Xperia(new model), Galaxy 4, Optimus(old model), Galaxy Node4(QHD).. etc...

We keep the game resolution and stretch the screen to fit each mobile devices.

The problem is, the old mobile device works fine... showing good frames and has no frame drop.

But newest mobile device(especially high resolution mobile devices), worked bad... showing low frame rates, frequent frame drop, and high temperature. (some time, the device shut down...)

I guess, although we scaled game to fit the device supported high resolution, It seems to has very high cost to rasterize the game scene.

I try to change the resolution of stage but not work good..

Someone told me the information that unity3d keeps game resolution and resolution of the mobile devices do not affect the game resolutions.

Is there any solution to work out? or Does Adobe have any plan to support multi device resolutions for Mobile Projects.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are the devices that are slow ARM or x86?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do yo mean with "multi device resultions"? You can render your content in the native resolution of any device.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to my contents render in fixed resolution. Is it possible? (Sorry I didn't make a core logic in GameEngine)

I just found the some clue. The backBuffer Size is same with device resolution. Is it problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done a Starling based app using the noBorder scale mode. In that scale mode the stage remains the same, and the viewport takes on an aspect ratio based on the device, but is still close to the stage resolution. It seemed to perform well on different devices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 18, 2015 Sep 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can I ask that If you set scale mode as noBorder, then is the size of backbuffer same with stageWidth/stageHeight?

I tested that setting scale mode to NO_BORDER (it's not scale mode of Starling, but I think it's work same thing), and I make my back buffer size with stage.stageWidth/Height. But at doing it, game secne smaller than whole mobile screen. (I think NO_BORDER make my backbuffer stretch to fit the mobile area but did not )

How can stretch or scale up the backbuffer size? (I think it will help me to show better performance on the device supported QHD.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that slow devices are not concern with CPU. (It's not problem On the desktop, in the mobile of none HD Resolution but some devices are slow(especially supported high resolution(QHD??) has problem...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wasn't talking about whether the CPU is fast or not, but if you build an app for ARM, and then run it on a device that it x86, the x86 has to emulate ARM code. That's why Flash Pro has a specific option to build for x86, to get good performance on x86 devices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I build a app on x86, but I don't use the Flash Pro, use FlashBuilder.

Is there any option what you said - "specific option to build for x86" in FlashBuilder? (4.7)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This article covers how to build for x86 in Flash Builder:

6/10/14 - Release - AIR 14 Runtime and SDK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your kindness~~!!!

It gave me many help~~!!!! Thank you

: )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines