• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

StageVideo application crash on mobile devices.

New Here ,
Sep 19, 2013 Sep 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone.

The last few months, I've been having trouble with StageVideo on selected Android devices and as of today on all iOS 7 devices.

When I try to switch between the currently playing video and a new one, after a random number of toggles, the application crashes. With the latest update of the iOS, the maximum videos I toggle on my NetStream object is 2, which is extraordinary for a machine such as iPad 4.

I create all the objects that are nessesary to play a video as I should and check the StageVideo availability on my device so I'm sure that this is a StageVideo issue.

Here is some of my code:

// Connections

nc = new NetConnection();

nc.connect(null);

ns = new NetStream(nc);

ns.addEventListener(NetStatusEvent.NET_STATUS, onNetStatus);

ns.client = this;

// Screen

video = new Video();

video.smoothing = true;

// Video Events

// the StageVideoEvent.STAGE_VIDEO_STATE informs you if StageVideo is available or not

stage.addEventListener(StageVideoAvailabilityEvent.STAGE_VIDEO_AVAILABILITY, onStageVideoState);

// in case of fallback to Video, we listen to the VideoEvent.RENDER_STATE event to handle resize properly and know about the acceleration mode running

video.addEventListener(VideoEvent.RENDER_STATE, videoStateChange);

private function onStageVideoState(event:StageVideoAvailabilityEvent):void

{   

// Detect if StageVideo is available and decide what to do in toggleStageVideo

toggleStageVideo(available = inited = (event.availability == StageVideoAvailability.AVAILABLE));

}

private function toggleStageVideo(on:Boolean):void

{   

// If we choose StageVideo we attach the NetStream to StageVideo

if (on)

{

stageVideoInUse = true;

if ( sv == null )

{

sv = stage.stageVideos[0];

sv.addEventListener(StageVideoEvent.RENDER_STATE, stageVideoStateChange);

}

sv.attachNetStream(ns);

if (classicVideoInUse)

{

// If we use StageVideo, we just remove from the display list the Video object to avoid covering the StageVideo object (always in the background)

stage.removeChild ( video );

classicVideoInUse = false;

}

} else

{

// Otherwise we attach it to a Video object

if (stageVideoInUse)

stageVideoInUse = false;

classicVideoInUse = true;

video.attachNetStream(ns);

stage.addChildAt(video, 0);

}

if ( !played )

{

played = true;

ns.play(_videoURL1);

}

}

I would be grateful for any help I could get.

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 20, 2013 Sep 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please open a new bug report on this over at https://bugbase.adobe.com?  When adding the bug, please include some sample code or a sample application so we can quickly test this out internally.  If you'd like to keep this private, feel free to email the attachment to me directly (ccampbel@adobe.com).

Once added, please post back with the URL so that others effected can add their comments and votes.  I've also given our mobile team a heads up so they can take a look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2013 Sep 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the URL of the bug I reported. I'm looking forward to a solution

https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3638033

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2013 Sep 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Exprpub,

You're mentioning in your bug report a workaround which to use FLV.

Is it solving this crash issue to read FLV files with StageVideo or do we have to use FLV files with a different video player ?

Many thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2013 Sep 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately the workaround I thought worked has other issues. What I did was I used the Video class and encoded all my videos into flv containers using on2 codec. Although the app is not crashing anymore at some point I might try to stop a video that is set to loop otherwise and the video will not stop at all. It will stay there and loop indefinetely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2013 Sep 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any news from adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 25, 2013 Sep 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I pinged our team yesterday on this (our internal number is 3630061) and heard back last night that we have a fix that was just checked in and verified.  It should be available for public testing with next week's beta and officially targeted for release on 10/8.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2013 Sep 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you please tell us what day next week you're planing to release beta with fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 05, 2013 Oct 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> should be available for public testing with next week's beta

I haven't noticed a release since this post - have I missed something - or is this still imminent?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 08, 2013 Oct 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there going to be an update today (8th)?  This issue with StageVideo has really caused me a lot of grief with users and they find it very difficult to believe that I have absolutely no idea when it is going to be fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris Campbell wrote:

> internal number 3630061 ... have a fix ... should be available for public testing with next week's beta

The new AIR beta release today doesn't mention 3630061 as a fixed issue.

Public bug 3638033 says that this is fixed and ready to test, but this bug number isn't in the release notes either.

Could we get some clarification on this? Is the fix in today's release?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In bugbase someone reported that the problem is fixed in build 3.9.0.1030. However I can't seem to find this build. Has anyone managed to find it. I'm still getting build 3.9.0.960 from Adobe labs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

The issue is fixed in 3.9.0.103 build. Please give it a try and let us know if you will face any problems.

Regards,

Nimit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2013 Oct 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link for the Windows version of AIR SDK 3.9 &Compiler in adobe labs still points to build 960. Where can I find build 3.9.0.1030?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the link. I didn't realise it was out as a stable release. I will test it now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Looks much better for me - no crashes at all after about 10 minutes of continuous video switching, restarting and scrubbing which is a big improvement! 

Did have one unusual moment which I hadn't ever seen before where sound played but no picture but haven't had it happen again.  Looks like its good enough for an update on the app store.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines