Highlighted

stageVideo with Retina display shrinks app

Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Flash CS6 with AIR 18.0.0.199 for iOS.

My stage size is 1024x768 and the app works perfectly on my 1024x768 resolution iPad (iPad mini 1st generation).

However on all retina 2048x1536 resolution iPads the entire app permanently shrinks to 1/4 of the screen when my video starts.

The culprit is stageVideo, which I use because the FLVPlayback is consistently VERY choppy on my 1024x768 iPad .

The only thing that has worked so far for both resolutions using stageVideo is changing the resolution from 'high' to 'standard', but the loss in quality throughout the app is very harsh so this is no solution.

I simply want to be able to play videos in my app for both iPad resolutions, whether or not I use stageVideo...

Surely there is a solution? I can't imagine something as simple as playing videos in AIR for iPad apps is not possible...

Help is very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt

Correct answer by shoey1432 | Community Beginner

I forgot to mention I am using the stageVideo code from the sample file in this post:

video playback on iPad 2?

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

stageVideo with Retina display shrinks app

Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Flash CS6 with AIR 18.0.0.199 for iOS.

My stage size is 1024x768 and the app works perfectly on my 1024x768 resolution iPad (iPad mini 1st generation).

However on all retina 2048x1536 resolution iPads the entire app permanently shrinks to 1/4 of the screen when my video starts.

The culprit is stageVideo, which I use because the FLVPlayback is consistently VERY choppy on my 1024x768 iPad .

The only thing that has worked so far for both resolutions using stageVideo is changing the resolution from 'high' to 'standard', but the loss in quality throughout the app is very harsh so this is no solution.

I simply want to be able to play videos in my app for both iPad resolutions, whether or not I use stageVideo...

Surely there is a solution? I can't imagine something as simple as playing videos in AIR for iPad apps is not possible...

Help is very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt

Correct answer by shoey1432 | Community Beginner

I forgot to mention I am using the stageVideo code from the sample file in this post:

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 01, 2015 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 01, 2015 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turns out the scale code was in the sample code I was using and I missed it, was dumb of me to not thoroughly look through that.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 01, 2015 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once you remove the sample code noscale line you should find that you can do a 1024x768 stagevideo and it will fill the 2048x1536 Retina screen, and look good.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 01, 2015 0