• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

StageWebView (native:true) ignores _blank URL targets

Advocate ,
Nov 15, 2018 Nov 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clicking a button or link on a webpage inside a StageWebView with a target "_blank" has no effect. This leads to the impression that webpages inside an Air application are broken. I think it would be a rather easy addition to automatically call navigateToURL() for these clicks or alternatively create a new kind of LocationChangeEvent that reports that a _blank target was clicked and the developer can decide what to do in this case.

This is currently affecting our Facebook login for Windows Desktop, since "Forgot Login" or "Register" buttons on the Facebook login page have no effect and lead to the impression that it's a phishing page instead of a proper application.

As far as I am aware there are no workarounds. Could this be added to Air in the future? I think the effort would be really small.

Thanks in advance

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 15, 2018 Nov 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have you tried to intercept it with the event LOCATION_CHANGING ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Nov 17, 2018 Nov 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, the event is not thrown for _blank targets. I have also found several similar reports when searching for the issue online. So this seems to be a known limitation of StageWebView that I imagine to be fixable quite easily.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines