Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

StageWebView on Windows Desktop Problem

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2016 Oct 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am using the StageWebView(true) method to create a browser window in Adobe Air for Win Desktop latest version. Everything looks great on my machine, but when my customer uses the app, the website is rendered using IE compatibility view. Is there any way to force StageWebView NOT to use the compatibility view? Or is there any way to tell Windows to disable this modus? I already switched off all options under "Tools/ Compatibility View Settings" in IE with no effect.

I would really appreaciate your help!

Thank you very much
Tobias

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of the parameters of StageWebView is whether the system's native browser is used. Try StageWebView(false), that will make it use an embedded browser, that may not perform as well as the native one, but should look the same for your users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help Colin, sadly with the use of the embedded browser the website does not work correctly. The native browser is the way to go, if only there is a way to turn off compatibility view...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried adding the following block of HTML to the <head> section of your web pages?

<meta http-equiv="x-ua-compatible" content="IE=edge">

That tells IE to use the best/newest rendering mode available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello wadedwalker, thank you for that snippet, sadly the website is not in my control - no chance to add something to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2016 Oct 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some more information: Its a problem that occurs with Windows 10. In Windows 7 (my computer) it works fine - Windows 10 renders StageWebView(true) in compatibility view....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2017 Sep 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi. Did you find a way to resolve this problem?

I'm having the same issue - works fine on Win7 (User agent is reported as Mozilla/5.0 Trident/7.0 rv:11.0), but on Win10 it's using compatibility mode (User agent is reported as Mozilla/4.0 Trident/7.0), and certain features are not available (e.g. window.addEventListener, JSON.stringify), breaking the JS code that should run in that StageWebView.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines