Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

StageWebView problem opening Google Play

Enthusiast ,
Apr 04, 2017 Apr 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I've just noticed that my recent Android apps can't open Google play links from within a stageWebView. This works fine prior to Adobe AIR SDK "android_23.0.0.221", but later AIR versions throws a "Your browser is no longer supported" error. I've tried lowering the android:targetSdkVersion and android:minSdkVersion, but no luck.

Also, both regular "a href" links and window.open() gives the same error.

Anyone knows a workaround?

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Apr 04, 2017 Apr 04, 2017

Found a workaround. I check the url with the LocationChangeEvent and if it contains "play.google" I open it via navigateToURL instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found a workaround. I check the url with the LocationChangeEvent and if it contains "play.google" I open it via navigateToURL instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also it probably had nothing to do with the AIR versions. So, nothing to see here!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for reporting back. It does show an issue though, in that the browser used by StageWebView isn't modern enough to cope with Google Play's pages. It had never occurred to me to send people to Google Play in StageWebView, so I can't checked the problem in my own apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines