Highlighted

Starling can not work when I use air 18 SDK and etc2 format texture.

New Here ,
May 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to the team of developing air sdk.

Problem Description:

After updated my air sdk to 18.0.0.109 and rebuild my texture used etc2 format, I meet an error "Invalid ATF format" from starling.

The code of Starling like this:

Starling-Framework/AtfData.as at master · Gamua/Starling-Framework · GitHub
  var format:uint = data.readUnsignedByte();
  switch (format & 0x7f)
  {
  case 0:
  case 1: mFormat = Context3DTextureFormat.BGRA; break;
  case 2:
  case 3: mFormat = Context3DTextureFormat.COMPRESSED; break;
  case 4:
  case 5: mFormat = "compressedAlpha"; break; // explicit string to stay compatible
  // with older versions
  default: throw new Error("Invalid ATF format");
  }

When I use flash builder to debug it, I found the value of the format is 12 or 13,  but I do not know what is the type of Context3DTextureFormat can match the value.

And I do not know if there are other format values.

Maybe starling also need to update to new version. The old version can not support the new air sdk 18. But I  can not find new version from Staring team.

How can I fix this issue now? Please give me some suggestion, thank you for your help.

TOPICS
Air beta

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Starling can not work when I use air 18 SDK and etc2 format texture.

New Here ,
May 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to the team of developing air sdk.

Problem Description:

After updated my air sdk to 18.0.0.109 and rebuild my texture used etc2 format, I meet an error "Invalid ATF format" from starling.

The code of Starling like this:

Starling-Framework/AtfData.as at master · Gamua/Starling-Framework · GitHub
  var format:uint = data.readUnsignedByte();
  switch (format & 0x7f)
  {
  case 0:
  case 1: mFormat = Context3DTextureFormat.BGRA; break;
  case 2:
  case 3: mFormat = Context3DTextureFormat.COMPRESSED; break;
  case 4:
  case 5: mFormat = "compressedAlpha"; break; // explicit string to stay compatible
  // with older versions
  default: throw new Error("Invalid ATF format");
  }

When I use flash builder to debug it, I found the value of the format is 12 or 13,  but I do not know what is the type of Context3DTextureFormat can match the value.

And I do not know if there are other format values.

Maybe starling also need to update to new version. The old version can not support the new air sdk 18. But I  can not find new version from Staring team.

How can I fix this issue now? Please give me some suggestion, thank you for your help.

TOPICS
Air beta

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 05, 2015 0
Adobe Employee ,
May 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Could you please provide your sample project so that we can invsitagte more into this.

also , did you try using Context3DTextureFormat.COMPRESSED_ALPHA as one of the value in Format?

-Vivek

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 06, 2015 0
New Here ,
May 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vivek Negi,

Thank you for your reply.

I have used the Context3DTextureFormat.COMPRESSED_ALPHA to test my application. The value 13 is ok, but the value 12 still can not work. Do you know other value of format and other types of  Context3DTextureFormat?

I do not know if air 18 added some new types of Context3DTextureFormat.

Thank you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 06, 2015 0
Adobe Employee ,
May 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Could you please provide your project and device ,so that we can investigate more.

-Vivek

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 07, 2015 0