Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Starling.display.Image mask is not rendering on mobile on Air 24

Engaged ,
Nov 11, 2016 Nov 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Air team. Thx for your wonderful work 🙂

Any idea about the schedule on the "Starling.display.Image mask is not rendering on mobile".

I'm stuck because to the air sdk 23 because of this. And the 23- has problems with the permissions so I'm in a difficult situation.

In the meantime if there is a workaround I'm interested.

Thx for your reply.

TOPICS
Air beta

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 27, 2016 Nov 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The bug (4196946) is resolved with Air 24.0.0.177 on android but still persist on ios...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 15, 2016 Dec 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the Starling.display.Image mask on iOS with the latest release 24.0.180 and it still doesn't work.

Is Adobe Air team aware of this?

Because I see it as solved in the release note but it isn't on iOS (android seems fine tho).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 15, 2016 Dec 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marcanw,

I tried reproducing the bug taking a sample project packaged with AIR_24.0.180.

I am running the project on iPhone 6 plus (iOS 9.3), but unable to reproduce the problem at my end. It works fine both on iOS and Android using the latest AIR 24 build.

Could you please share the detail of devices on which you're running the project. And it will also be very helpful for us if you can share a sample project with us.

Thanks,

Adobe AIR Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 16, 2016 Dec 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi deesharm,

Thank you for your reply.

I tried on an iPhone 5s with iOS10 and on an iPhone 4s with iOS7. Both have the same issue.

So it doesn't seem to be related to the device or iOS version.

Here is the project published with Air 23.0.274

IMG_6468.PNG

And the same project published with Air 24.0.180.

IMG_6469.PNG

It's difficult for me to make a sample code because I didn't make the starling/feathers part of the project. However I can send you the full project if it can help.

Let me know.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 20, 2016 Dec 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marcanw,

Thanks for sharing the information.

We are investigating it further at our end.

Thanks,

Adobe AIR Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 21, 2016 Dec 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thx Deesharm.

Looking forward to it.

Thanks,

Best,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I'm a bit worried because I don't see any improvment concerning starling mask on iOS. I use starling 1.7.

I can't even find the bug 4196946 in the bugbase.

Any news on this?

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 03, 2017 Mar 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm facing with the same issue, it occurs in air24+. This is the sample project to reproduce the bug IosStarlingMaskIssue.rar - Google Drive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 06, 2017 Mar 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Could you please download the latest Adobe AIR SDK from Download Adobe AIR 25 Beta - Adobe Labs  and give it a try. Kindly let us know in case of any queries.

Thanks,

Ankit | Adobe AIR Engineering

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for your response. I have used 25 version, but the mask still does not render properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you remember when it was that you tried AIR 25? There was an update to that on Feb 22nd, if your test was earlier maybe the current one has it fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your attention to this problem. Today i have re-downloaded SDK and tried again, still no luck. It is really weird, because the same as3 code works fine with android or in windows' android emulator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Could you please let us know which iOS devices you are using? Actually in case of lowEnd devices the stageHeight comes out to be different then the high end devices. Could you please try modifying your app for low end devices and let us know if it helps you.

Thanks,

Ankit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 07, 2017 Mar 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I use iPhone 4s (IOS 9.3.5), iPad 3 (IOS 7.1.2), iPhone 6 (10.2.1). They behave equally. Air 23 and earlier don't have this rendrering issue. Any workarounds not found

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 03, 2017 Mar 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm facing with the same issue, it occurs in air24+. This is the sample project to reproduce the bug IosStarlingMaskIssue.rar - Google Drive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 07, 2017 Mar 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had also this problem on iphone 5s, iphone 4s and ipad 2.

However I made a workaround by modifying the feather imageloader with flash code doing the masking and then transforming it into texture.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2017 May 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, whne i apply round mask look very scropping

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 10, 2017 May 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Masks not working with antiAliasing property setted to 1-16 value, I found it here: Stencil Masks not working with AIR 24.0 · Issue #939 · Gamua/Starling-Framework · GitHub

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 10, 2017 May 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So, I had commented this line in my code:

// Starling.antiAliasing = 1;

After that it works fine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines