Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Support of New iPad Screen Format

Explorer ,
Dec 14, 2018 Dec 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

is this already possible in Air? How can we support the new format? I heard that Apple requires by March all apps to support this otherwise they won't pass the review process anymore.

Henning

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Including a splash screen of 2732x2048 and 2048x2732 should be enough to support the new size. They would have these file names:

Default-Landscape@2x.png

Default-Portrait@2x.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, that won't work, because these are the formats of the old iPad. The new

iPads with home bar have different ratios. They have a ratio similar to

768x1095

On Fri, 14 Dec 2018 at 17:57, Colin Holgate <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just done two app updates, and so had to figure this out for myself. You're right in remembering that those were the file names for the earlier Retina iPads, but they are now used for the iPad Pro. The ones needed for the older iPad have been renamed to Default-Landscape@2x~ipad.png and Default-Portrait@2x~ipad.png

Here's the full list of names:

Launch Images on iOS with Adobe AIR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2018 Dec 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new 11-inch iPad Pro (2018) features a resolution of 2388 x 1668. When i build an .ipa with the above mentioned Default images, my  application does not get loaded in fullscreen.

I see a rectangular black border around the app, all four sides do not stretch to the edges of the screen.

Even the adobe link for default images does not have a mention for the new ipad Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 18, 2018 Dec 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apple's new iPad page on the developer site mentions this:

Your app will run in Full Screen Display Mode on iPad Pro if your project’s base SDK is set to iOS 12.1 or later and you have a Launch Storyboard.

I'm guessing since AIR 32 uses iOS SDK 12.0 instead of 12.1 that it's not possible right now unless you're manually switching to 12.1 yourself.  I actually have no idea if (or how) AIR handles Launch Storyboards either, I've only ever used launch images instead of the new storyboard format.  Hopefully Adobe will have another AIR update before March to handle this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 11, 2019 Mar 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Having this same issue; any word on a new SDK?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines