Highlighted

SWFs not loading in Air 4.0... for iOS

Contributor ,
Feb 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've read some of the posts about the problem of SWFs not loading in iOS.  This seemed to have to do with the SWFs having code.  We removed code from the SWFs and In previous releases, using previous SDKs (I don't remember the last one that worked) we had everything working.  But in the latest version compiled with the latest SDK (4.0...) none of the SWFs load.

of course I'm learning about this late in the game.

One more piece of information.  I did a test with an application that just loads one codeless SWF and have exactly the same result. 

If anyone has any ideas, I would be very grateful.

Best regards,

Chris McLaughlin

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

SWFs not loading in Air 4.0... for iOS

Contributor ,
Feb 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've read some of the posts about the problem of SWFs not loading in iOS.  This seemed to have to do with the SWFs having code.  We removed code from the SWFs and In previous releases, using previous SDKs (I don't remember the last one that worked) we had everything working.  But in the latest version compiled with the latest SDK (4.0...) none of the SWFs load.

of course I'm learning about this late in the game.

One more piece of information.  I did a test with an application that just loads one codeless SWF and have exactly the same result. 

If anyone has any ideas, I would be very grateful.

Best regards,

Chris McLaughlin

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 24, 2014 0
Contributor ,
Feb 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

So code or no code external SWFs require a loader context.

I borrowed this directly from a kglad response:

var lc:LoaderContext=new LoaderContext(false,ApplicationDomain.currentDomain,null);

When I add the LoaderContext to the loader (at least with my experimental app) the SWF loads.

Also from kglad's example: yourloader.load(yourexternalswf.swf,lc);

Thanks kglad.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 24, 2014 0