Highlighted

text entry caret not appearing when changing textfield.type to INPUT

Participant ,
Oct 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am programming in AS3 on latest AIR.

I have a bunch of DYNAMIC text fields on the screen.

i decide to change one of them to type INPUT, and was hoping that once I did that the blinking caret would appear.

I used stage.focus = myfield to set the focus, and yes when I type, characters appear, but no blinking caret

seems like a huge weakness in AIR that it doesn't expose an API or a methodology for controlling the caret. I dont' see any way to make this work. I can create a field on top of my field that works, but then once the user scrolls the page my block is left dangling. I sure would like not to have to create dummy layer-above text fields, but so far this seems the only way.

Is there some magic trick to controlling the caret?

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

text entry caret not appearing when changing textfield.type to INPUT

Participant ,
Oct 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am programming in AS3 on latest AIR.

I have a bunch of DYNAMIC text fields on the screen.

i decide to change one of them to type INPUT, and was hoping that once I did that the blinking caret would appear.

I used stage.focus = myfield to set the focus, and yes when I type, characters appear, but no blinking caret

seems like a huge weakness in AIR that it doesn't expose an API or a methodology for controlling the caret. I dont' see any way to make this work. I can create a field on top of my field that works, but then once the user scrolls the page my block is left dangling. I sure would like not to have to create dummy layer-above text fields, but so far this seems the only way.

Is there some magic trick to controlling the caret?

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 13, 2015 0

Have something to add?