• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The app's Info.plist can't contain values for the UIRequiredDeviceCapabilities key that would prevent this app from opening on any iOS device.

Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2015 May 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've made and submitted a lot of apps with AIR and encountered many problems, but this is a new one to me:

The app's Info.plist can't contain values for the UIRequiredDeviceCapabilities key that would prevent this app from opening on any iOS device.

The build is uploaded and submitted fine, this is when I hit "submit for review" in iTunes Connect. No special features or anything are requested in the xml, it's a very basic app.

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2015 May 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So after compiling the .ipa, changing it to .zip, extracting it, opening the payload folder, going into the package and opening the Info.plist file I see this:

<key>UIRequiredDeviceCapabilities</key>

<array>

<string>armv6</string>

<string>armv7</string>

<string>opengles-2</string>

</array>

Now the original version of the app was made by another developer four years ago and had lower hardware requirements, so I am wondering if there is a way I can change mine to meet the original requirements? I don't know what they were, but it was years ago so they will be lower than whatever AIR is setting them as now. I am fine with the app not actually running on these devices, but I need to be able to submit the app! If I change the Info.plist file, then compress and upload the .zip via application loader I get hit by errors, so I can't do it that way.

I have also contacted Apple and they say this is the only way as they will not reset the app as a new app or remove previous requirements. Lame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines