Highlighted

The icon file in mipmap-xxx folder instead of drawable folder is used as app icon?

Explorer ,
Oct 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried to get my game featured in google play recently.

And I have received a replay from google play team.

They said ...

To support a high-density screen, xxxhdpi(192 x 192 px) launcher icon is required.

Launcher icon is in the /res/mipmap-[density]/ and minifest is changed to android:icon="@mipmap/app_icon".

As far as I know, android:icon of application node can't be edited in descriptor file.

I found this in the following link:

Adobe AIR * Android settings

When building a apk file in Flash builder,

/res/drawable-xxx folders is generated automatically and icon files specified in descriptor file are moved to this folders.

How do I use icon files in the mipmap-xxx folder as a launcher icon?

Please help me.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

The icon file in mipmap-xxx folder instead of drawable folder is used as app icon?

Explorer ,
Oct 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried to get my game featured in google play recently.

And I have received a replay from google play team.

They said ...

To support a high-density screen, xxxhdpi(192 x 192 px) launcher icon is required.

Launcher icon is in the /res/mipmap-[density]/ and minifest is changed to android:icon="@mipmap/app_icon".

As far as I know, android:icon of application node can't be edited in descriptor file.

I found this in the following link:

Adobe AIR * Android settings

When building a apk file in Flash builder,

/res/drawable-xxx folders is generated automatically and icon files specified in descriptor file are moved to this folders.

How do I use icon files in the mipmap-xxx folder as a launcher icon?

Please help me.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 20, 2016 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't have to worry about the icon folders, ADT will create the right files for you. You just need to include the paths of files that are the right sizes, even the name of the icon file doesn't matter.

For example, here's how the icon part of the app descriptor XML will look:

<icon>

<image36x36>androidicons/36.png</image36x36>

<image48x48>androidicons/48.png</image48x48>

<image72x72>androidicons/72.png</image72x72>

<image96x96>androidicons/96.png</image96x96>

<image144x144>androidicons/144.png</image144x144>

<image192x192>androidicons/192.png</image192x192>

<image512x512>androidicons/512.png</image512x512>

</icon>

Make sure you're using a recent enough version of AIR, if you're using an old one it won't know how to handle the larger icons.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 20, 2016 0