Highlighted

Time stamp AIR file

New Here ,
Sep 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello community!

This is an old issue, publishing AIR file  from Flash professional CS6 generates time stamping error. Apparently the default time stamping server is not alive any more and the fix in principle is to use adt.bat , part of AIR SDK. So I did all the preliminaries, downloaded and installed AIR SDK, amended the system environment path parameter and am ready to use the adt from command prompt. It is still  not clear to me how to apply  the adt to my existing AIR file, what is the syntax? Browsing through the many suggested ways -

The code example I have is:

adt.bat -sign -storetype pkcs12 -keystore "mycertificate.p12" -tsa <time server URL>.

I do not see reference to my AIR or AIRI file in this command. Am I missing something obvious. Assuming  the AIR package is called myairpackage.air and the certificate is mycertificate.p12; what is the correct syntax to modify the time stamping server with adt??

Thanks!

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Time stamp AIR file

New Here ,
Sep 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello community!

This is an old issue, publishing AIR file  from Flash professional CS6 generates time stamping error. Apparently the default time stamping server is not alive any more and the fix in principle is to use adt.bat , part of AIR SDK. So I did all the preliminaries, downloaded and installed AIR SDK, amended the system environment path parameter and am ready to use the adt from command prompt. It is still  not clear to me how to apply  the adt to my existing AIR file, what is the syntax? Browsing through the many suggested ways -

The code example I have is:

adt.bat -sign -storetype pkcs12 -keystore "mycertificate.p12" -tsa <time server URL>.

I do not see reference to my AIR or AIRI file in this command. Am I missing something obvious. Assuming  the AIR package is called myairpackage.air and the certificate is mycertificate.p12; what is the correct syntax to modify the time stamping server with adt??

Thanks!

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 22, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you already know more than me, but I wonder whether it's too late to change the timestamp on a published APK. Can you redo the app build, with the new timestamp parts in the build command?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 22, 2017 0
Enthusiast ,
Sep 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't sign an existing *.air file after the fact

you need to combine the ADT code signing options

while you are packaging your app with the ADT package command

for command-line builds you usually follow those steps

• build the SWF file (MXMLC)
  • package the SWF and app descriptor and sign with SIGNING_OPTIONS (ADT -package)
    (produce any target: .air, .ipa, .apk, native etc.)

or

• prepare an imterdiary AIRI file (ADT -prepare)
  • package the AIRI and app descriptor and sign with SIGNING_OPTIONS (ADT -package)
    (produce any target: .air, .ipa, .apk, native etc.)

or

• prepare an imterdiary AIRI file (ADT -prepare)
  • sign the AIRI and app descriptor with SIGNING_OPTIONS (ADT -sign)
    (produce an .air file)

look up ActionScript compilers

Because you already have to setup Java to build with ADT
maybe look into a "make tool" that work with Java like Apache Ant

Where you installed the AIR SDK look into /ant/lib/flexTask.jar

this file contains precompiled ant tasks you can reuse in ant script

here few examples found on the web

An example ant script used for developing Adobe AIR applications for Android

Ant: Build my AIR application for iOS and Android

usually dev manage the build with amxmlc.bat and adt.bat from within a build.xml
they run from Ant as it allow to automate the process of compiling AIR app for
different targets.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 22, 2017 1
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks very much for such a detailed answer. I publish with Flash CS6 which takes care of packaging, I was hoping not to have to get "under the hood" of the SDK. I guess I need to. Will try to create AIRI, learn the basics of adt usage and apply it to modify the time stamp server. Any suggestions for examples, tutorials to start me off? Thanks again!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 23, 2017 0
ASWC LATEST
Advocate ,
Sep 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe you can also have the stamp server work correctly by updating your system to JV8, this is what has to be done when working with FB4.7 so I'm only guessing same should apply to animate cc.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 25, 2017 0