• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble testing iOS app using PC

Contributor ,
Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying Animate CC's own Publish test thing.. "Install application on the connected iOS device", using my phone (same results with ipad).

The device IDs have been added to the apple developer account to be used for testing and before creating p12 file etc.

I keep getting this error with all devices:

"The device has encountered an unexpected error. INstallation Error: PackageExtractionFailed."

From googling this error, it's been really hard to get an answer for what it could mean.  One person said it was a known glitch and the file might be corrupt?

I have "device testing" selected and i had made a development provisioning profile..

(for what it's worth, I tried with Flash Professional CS6 as well and the result was the same)

So then I tried the iTunes way.  I already got the older version of iTunes needed to show 'Apps'.  It seemed like it was going to work, but the app starts to install on the device but the icon remains darkened and nothing happens when I click on it.  Something is obviously wrong with the file.

I'm guessing something is wrong with my provisioning type files.. but how do I even know what point in that line something could have gone wrong?

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 07, 2018 Nov 07, 2018

You download the AIR SDK, uncompress the zip file, then look for the Manage AIR SDK... option in Animate. In there you can add an SDK, and point it to the folder where the AIR 31 folder is.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, okay, I think this must be the bug known from before..

Air unable to install to iOS11 devices via ADT (Windows)

...because after doing more Googling, I downloaded iFunBox and tested that way, and everything worked totally fine.  So it's not my p12 or anything like that.. just a strange and unfortunate issue with AIR or maybe the newer iOS operating systems..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't know the cause of your problems, but I'm using Adobe Animate CC (on Windows 10) to install iOS apps. And it's working fine on iOS 11 and 12. However I used to encounter the error you're referring to, occasionally.

At the moment I'm using Animate version 18.0.1 and AIR 31+.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 07, 2018 Nov 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

Kind of a stupid question but, how do you upgrade AIR?  I thought it was automatically built into Animate so I updated Animate but it still only wants to export to AIR 26.  I don't see it as an option in Creative Cloud O.o

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You download the AIR SDK, uncompress the zip file, then look for the Manage AIR SDK... option in Animate. In there you can add an SDK, and point it to the folder where the AIR 31 folder is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks guys!  Hey, that worked!  I guess it was an old AIR bug?  I was able to successfully test to the attached phone from Animate directly with AIR 31.0.0.96!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

...now to figure out why it's ignoring my launch images and scaling lol.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Colin said The latest sdk can be downloaded from here Download Adobe AIR SDK 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines