Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trying to install iOS app on 10.2.1 from VM but not going past "Installing"

Explorer ,
Feb 18, 2017 Feb 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I am trying to install a development ipa built with AIR 23 (Flex 4.15.0) from a Windows 8 VM (VMWare Workstation) in iTunes 12.5.5.5. My iPad is running iOS 10.2.1.

When I put the ipa in iTunes and try to sync (after clicking the Install button), the install button changes to "Installing", I can see the progress bar say it is loading my app onto the device, but the app doesn't make it to the iPad desktop and itunes remains with the "Installing" button label.

I am compiling the ipa with the improved packaging engine. I am going to try the standard packaging engine, but I suppose I should be using the improved one, no? Anyone have a thought about how I can see where the process is stalling and giving up, or maybe there is a problem installing from a VM?

Thanks!

-jonathan

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Feb 18, 2017 Feb 18, 2017

I searched a bit here and found this: Air App stuck installing on iPad Air

I discovered my problem as well was a provisioning profile issue, when I corrected the profile, it worked fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Feb 18, 2017 Feb 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I searched a bit here and found this: Air App stuck installing on iPad Air

I discovered my problem as well was a provisioning profile issue, when I corrected the profile, it worked fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines