• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to create Context3D on Android 5.0 when using latest Air 15 SDK

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2014 Oct 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have updated my Nexus 5 to the latest developer preview of Lollipop, and I can no longer run our game.

The same code worked find in the prev. developer version of Android L.

The code I can't get to work is:

stage.stage3Ds[0].addEventListener(Event.CONTEXT3D_CREATE, function(e:Event):void { trace("worked"); });
stage.stage3Ds[0].addEventListener(ErrorEvent.ERROR, function (e:Event):void { trace("failed" + e); });
stage.stage3Ds[0].requestContext3D();

It just fails with the error
[trace] failed[ErrorEvent type="error" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="Error #3702: Context3D not available." errorID=3702]

I have already create a bug report (Bug#3841130 - Stage3D fails to create context on Nexus 5 running Android 5.0), but would like to know if it's happening to anybody else, or it's just my device that's messed up (I only have access to one Android L device).

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the heads up.  I know we have fixes for lolipop coming in our November release but I'm not sure if they made it into our current beta.  Have you given last week's labs release a try?

I've pinged the team and given them a heads up on this thread and bug report.  We'll update with more info asap.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also seeing this issue with my AIR application running Android 5.0.

I'm using the latest Air SDK 15 Beta (The one that was updated on October 17th).

Good to hear that its being looked into.

- Punya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2014 Oct 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. A Starling app of mine worked fine on 4.4 and below, but on 5.0 it can't find context.

I'd also like to add that a native AIR app I made using GPU-mode and cacheAsBitmapMatrix that used to run 60fps on 4.4 now runs really choppy. It seems that AIR on 5.0 can't access the GPU at all?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 23, 2014 Oct 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Everyone,

This issue is now fixed in latest AIR SDK 15.0.0.349 @ http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/air.html

Please let us know if you face any issues.

Thanks

-Pahup

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2014 Oct 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works for me. Thank you.

- Punya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2014 Oct 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I second the problem stated by , GPU rendermode is still broken on Android 5.0 in the latest October 22 release and AIR seems to default to CPU as performance for my app has also decreased a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Could you please try Runtime.apk from AIR SDK "15.0.0.349" @ http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/air.html  .Please let us know if you face any issues.

Thanks

-Pahup

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version 15.0.0.349 fixed the problem for me, I can now run the game on Android 5.0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Pahup, thanks for your quick reply. I've ran tests with both the 15.0.0.302 and 15.0.0.349 SDK version and the problem persists. My game is not utilizing Stage3D, it's a classic display list app but GPU renderMode does not seem to work anymore with these SDKs and Android 5.0. AIR 14 works flawlessly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's strange, as it's been working for us and many developers. Could you please share a small sample which we could try at our end?

Thanks

-Pahup

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Pahup, it's simple to demonstrate. I've uploaded a FlashDevelop project to demonstrate the behavior: http://we.tl/XlyJliIfuB

The current settings in the application.xml are for AIR 14 and renders flawlessly on Android 5.0 (testing with Nexus 7 Razor model, hence the size of my asset which is exactly screen-sized)

Now, when modifying the xml and targetting AIR 15, you'll notice a drop in performance and some graphical artifacts when the panel slides down.

If you need any more information, I'd be glad to help out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for sharing the project, i have verified it on Nexus 7 and Nexus 5 as well but unable to see any performance drop. FPS remains between 25-24 with both AIR 14 and AIR 15.

Probability you are using earlier version on Android L, Could you please cross check and download the latest version from http://developer.android.com/preview/index.html

Also, it will be great if you could try on some other device and share your observations.

Warm Regards,

Jitender

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2014 Oct 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your quick reply. Maybe you've lowered the target FPS and are therefore not able to see the difference. I'm aiming for 60 FPS which should display this behavior. Can you check that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 31, 2014 Oct 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Tried with 60 FPS as well but things are working fine at our end, there is no performance lag. Could you please try with Latest Android 5.0  and Latest AIR SDK and share your observation.

Maybe the device you are using has some problem, so try on some other device also.

Thanks,

Jitender

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines