Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to enumerate devices

Enthusiast ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Trying to develop an app for iOS using Flash Builder but I've hit a pretty significant snag in that iTunes is not playing ball...

I consistently fail to get the app installed for debug with the error "Unable to enumerate devices."

I saw a number of threads on this from the past, but they date back to an earlier version of iTunes that actually had app store functionality...

Is it now still possible to install / debug using Flash Builder on Windows 10 and, if so, how?

Thanks,

G

TOPICS
Air beta

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I heard that the later versions of AIR solve the problem of iTunes no longer supporting apps. If you get AIR 27 from labs:

Download Adobe AIR 27 Beta - Adobe Labs

you will hopefully be able to build onto devices again. If that doesn't work out you can get the old iPhone Configuration Utility from here:

iPhone Configuration Utility for Windows - Free download and software reviews - CNET Download.com

and install an app using that. But, I did try it, and it didn't work for me in Windows 10. Hopefully AIR 27 will solve the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Colin, I had assumed I was already on the latest!

I initially thought that was working so marked your answer as correct as I saw the "Choose device" dialogue (which had previously been missing) and it eventually (with a bit of nudging) displayed my iPad... only it then crashed out eventually in the same way...

(PS: You also have a typo in "Retriving Device Licence")

(As a side-benefit and small compensation of utterly uninstalling and then reinstalling everything Apple, I finally have my Outlook integration with addresses and tasks back on!)

ETA:
If I can get the app on some other way (such as via DIAWI) is it possible to connect and debug via Flash Builder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't know what DIAWI is, but if you get a debug build onto the iPad you should be able to do a remote debug session, if Flash Builder has that feature, and when you open the app you would type in the IP address of your PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I have a wireless debug session running now - never needed one before in all these years of Flash / Flex / AIR related stuff... but it is looking good.

FYI, DIAWI is a developer service website... you can use it to upload apps for distribution... It is not _quite_ as convenient as hitting the "debug" button in Flash Builder and then working but it's a workaround...

1. Generate debug ipa

2. Upload to diawi

3. Download to iPad and install

4. Start app...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm on Mac, and use this app to post builds for people to download in the same way:

BetaBuilder for iOS Apps on the Mac App Store

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines