Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to install software applications based on Adobe Air since this week

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We have some software applications that are built on Adobe Air and since this week we are unable to install them on any Windows (7, 8 and 10) and Mac operating systems (Capitan, Sierra).

In the past every time we have updated the version of Adobe Air the software could be installed without any issues.

When we attempt to install we get the same message:

"Sorry, an error has occurred.

The application could not be installed because the installer file is damaged. Try obtaining a new installer from the application author".

Until last week, the same files could be installed with no issues. The files have not been modified.

Can you please advise?

Many thanks,

Julieta

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As DaWo​ pointed out in this thread​, this is probably because the installer was signed with a certificate from Twathe issued before August 2015. It would be great to get a response from Adobe or Thawte on this, as it has taken us and our customer completely by surprise...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We seem to have the same problem. certificate is from tawte. Older Air Apps are can not be installed any more, as far as i tested.

I never heard about expiring signed AIR apps. Is this a bug or a feature? Who can help?

We use AIR since AIR 3 and have many older Apps out there that are all signed by certs of tawte. Some of them are sold on DVD. So this is a big problem if its true that all theses older apps can't be installed any more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

For the non-working apps, you need to repackage the .air apps. Please refer to Adobe AIR applications installation issue , for steps to repackage.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link you shared suggests that only SHA-1 Certificates should be affected. I can confirm it also affects SHA-256 certificates, counter to what it says should be happening.

This has rendered an entire batch of professionally created CDs unusable, causing a massive issue for myself and my client. Please can you respond with more info about how we fix this. We do have an updated version with a new certificate which installs, but that's no use to people who bought a CD of the software before the 30th October and now can't use it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please download the latest version of Adobe AIR from get.adobe.com/air. Workaround is available for the above mentioned issue without changing the system date or repackaging the .air app. . Steps to use the workaround can be found on  Adobe AIR applications installation issue

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please can you advise how this would help my client who had 1000 CDs created which are in use all around the world? (They are a major worldwide organisation as you'll have seen from the application I sent you, and it's a complication we need to resolve)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We have the same issue. Can't install a program we purchased - we get the same error message. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Tammy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines