Highlighted

Uncompiled Actionscipt warning on iOS using AIR 15

Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've just updated to AIR 15 Beta 15.0.0.302 in an attempt to submit an iOS app to Apple (because of the issue with segment alignment)

And my App now shows the"Uncompiled Actionscript" popup when I load an external SWF.

This was working fine with AIR 14, and previous versions of the App were approved by Apple and are in the App Store

The issue is not caused by the loader context issue. Unless the procedure for this has changed e.g. use

var ldrContext:LoaderContext = new LoaderContext(false, ApplicationDomain.currentDomain );

etc

and this worked fine in AIR 14

The only time I got the "Uncompiled Actionscript" popup in AIR 14, was if I published for debugging on the iPad, but not when I published

"Quick publishing for device testing" or "Deployment - Apple App Store"

So there appears to be some change in the AIR 15 build / packaging which has caused this issue.

Has there been a change to useLegacyAOT ?  as this seems to effect the Uncompiled Actionscipt popup

See

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1562100

Has anyone else experienced this problem, or can anyone suggest a solution or work around, as this is currently preventing me submitting to Apple

Thanks

TOPICS
Air beta

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Uncompiled Actionscipt warning on iOS using AIR 15

Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've just updated to AIR 15 Beta 15.0.0.302 in an attempt to submit an iOS app to Apple (because of the issue with segment alignment)

And my App now shows the"Uncompiled Actionscript" popup when I load an external SWF.

This was working fine with AIR 14, and previous versions of the App were approved by Apple and are in the App Store

The issue is not caused by the loader context issue. Unless the procedure for this has changed e.g. use

var ldrContext:LoaderContext = new LoaderContext(false, ApplicationDomain.currentDomain );

etc

and this worked fine in AIR 14

The only time I got the "Uncompiled Actionscript" popup in AIR 14, was if I published for debugging on the iPad, but not when I published

"Quick publishing for device testing" or "Deployment - Apple App Store"

So there appears to be some change in the AIR 15 build / packaging which has caused this issue.

Has there been a change to useLegacyAOT ?  as this seems to effect the Uncompiled Actionscipt popup

See

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1562100

Has anyone else experienced this problem, or can anyone suggest a solution or work around, as this is currently preventing me submitting to Apple

Thanks

TOPICS
Air beta

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 08, 2014 0
Contributor ,
Oct 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try reverting back to the old compiler, -useLegacyAOT yes

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 09, 2014 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No.

Not tried that yet, as I don't think there is a way to configure the flash IDE to set that parameter

I guess I'll need to work out how to use ADT at the command line to do this

Is seLegacyAOT yes  the default on AIR 14? As AIR 14 works fine.

So this seems a bit of a shot in the dark, its as if there is something else in AIR 15 which is an incorrect build setting e.g. is some internal debug flag still enabled ?

Is there a way to make sure all debug info is turned off by default.  I took a quick look in some of he AIR SDK Config files and there were various references to debug  being true, but when I compare this same files in AIR 14 it was the same.

I guess I could try modifying those xml files and set <debug>false</debug> etc and see if that fixes it

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 09, 2014 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Flash Pro iOS publishing settings has an option to turn off the faster compiler.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 09, 2014 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Flash Pro iOS publishing settings has an option to turn off the faster compiler.

Which version of Flash has this ?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 09, 2014 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS6 seems not to have it. I think CC did. CC 2014 certainly does.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 09, 2014 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK

I'm back on CS6, I guess I could download 2014 demo but don't want break my CS6 installation, especially as this is really just a shot in the dark

I'll try to work out the command line to do this (on OSX)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 09, 2014 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using ADT command line (OSX) setting

-useLegacyAOT yes 

Seems to stop the "Uncompiled Actionscript" popup from appearing

However I'm not attempted to submit to Apple yet, as I need to do more testing including an App store build rather than a Test build etc

I also need to work out what the Default.png file need to be i.e what size icon file, but I guess thats hidden somewhere in the docs' 😉

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 09, 2014 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just in case its any use to anyone else.

I uploaded the IPA file, without a Default.png and it was accepted by Apple's system and our App is now in review.

I'll reply to this thread when I get confirmation that it has passed review (or not)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 09, 2014 0
Oct 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reporting this issue

Could you please provide a sample app with which we can reproduce the problem at our end

-Pravendra

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 10, 2014 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For reference for others with this issue, I had the same issue. For Air 14, I didn't have any issues with uncompiled actionscript with files that I have been downloading. However, with Air 15 I started getting that issue for a number of downloads of content into my app. I went through a trial-and-error process testing all the swfs, and I found that there were a few swfs that caused the issue. It seemed that they did not have code, but I recreated the swfs and it worked again, so in my case something in Air 15 triggered it that Air 14 didn't. I was about to go through the trouble of figuring out ADT as was described in this thread, but changing the SWFs was the solution for me.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 07, 2014 1
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@

Interesting.

Unfortunately re-creating any of all of the swfs was not an option for me, they are very content heavy animations and other vector art etc.  All my external SWF's had this issue

@

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 07, 2014 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had already reported this issue on Monday, July 28, 2014. But that was simply ignored apparently. I had also attached a simple Flash Builder project to reproduce this issue.

Bug#3795521 - Improved Packaging Engine - Loading external SWF -> "Uncompiled ActionScript"

Maybe it helps if this bug entry gets some upvotes.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 10, 2014 1
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

emm-shleicher

Thanks.

However this seems fairly typical of Adobe. I gave up reporting non critical bugs years ago, as no action was ever taken.

This one however is really important, it stops whole classes of products working in iOS, i.e anyone who loads an external SWF

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 10, 2014 0