• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unrecognized Locale - Notice after submitting to Apple APP Store

Engaged ,
May 09, 2018 May 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although accepted - I received this notice when using the Application Loader to upload our APP to the Store:

WARNING ITMS-90176: "Unrecognized Locale - The locale names used in localization directories at ( "Payload/xxx.app/AccountKitStrings.bundle/Resources/cb_IQ.lproj" ) are invalid. iTunes supports BCP47 but not the UN M.49 specification. Refer to the Language and Locale Designations guide at https://developer.apple.com/library/content/documentation/MacOSX/Conceptual/BPInternational/Language... for more information on naming your language-specific directories."

The only thing I can see for us in terms of locale is "Supported Languages".  I have this in my app.xml file:

<supportedLanguages>en</supportedLanguages>

Can anyone shed some light on this?

TOPICS
Air beta

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , May 22, 2018 May 22, 2018

Locale issue answered here:

Warning ITMS-XXXXX (Certificate & Locale)

Certificate warning mentioned in AIR 30.0.0.96

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,
May 10, 2018 May 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know, but could it be that there is something wrong with the name tag in your xml? Maybe a misspelling of the language code in "text xml:lang"?

In your case I guess it ought to be:

<name>

<text xml:lang="en">name of your application</text>

</name>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 11, 2018 May 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah the XML does have mention of different names for different locales in the comments above the name tag, I should have noticed that, thank you.

Just made that change to the name tag..  but I'm still seeing the same message in the Application Loader after submitting the app (see below).  I'm now also seeing an expired signing certificate warning.  I created another via XCode per the link in the description but I just got the same two warnings?

==============

WARNING ITMS-90722: "Certificate Expired. The signing certificate "CN=Apple Worldwide Developer Relations Certification Authority, OU=Apple Worldwide Developer Relations, O=Apple Inc., C=US" with serial number 25 used to sign xxx.app has expired. Learn more (https://help.apple.com/xcode/mac/current/#/dev154b28f09)."

WARNING ITMS-90176: "Unrecognized Locale - The locale names used in localization directories at ( "Payload/xxx.app/AccountKitStrings.bundle/Resources/cb_IQ.lproj" ) are invalid. iTunes supports BCP47 but not the UN M.49 specification. Refer to the Language and Locale Designations guide at https://developer.apple.com/library/content/documentation/MacOSX/Conceptual/BPInternational/Language... for more information on naming your language-specific directories."

===============

Once again, it's let me continue and does not prevent me for submitting for review.  Quite odd.

I imagine I should be concerned - but its already been reviewed and accepted regardless of those warning.  What do you think?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 11, 2018 May 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the app has already been accepted I wouldn't worry too much about it, but it still seems odd.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 22, 2018 May 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Locale issue answered here:

Warning ITMS-XXXXX (Certificate & Locale)

Certificate warning mentioned in AIR 30.0.0.96

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines