Highlighted

Update Adobe Air version? [ was Nick ]

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not possible to update Adobe Air version 21.0.0.198

My previous chat with Adobe was a waste of time and now they directed me to this forum. It is unprofessional from them. Perhaps their lack of effort to fix this issue is due to finance as it fails to generate money for them.

They wanted a screen shot of this issue, but they would not give me an email address to send it to.

When trying to update Adobe AIR it says "Error - Installation may not be allowed by your administrator. Contact your administrator".

That comment is of course nonsense.

I am sure this error is nothing new to them and they should not play ignorant about how to put their error right.

Those of you suffering the same problem as I and have found the answer for this issue then please send the answer to Adobe untrained software engineers so that the can publish it in their help pages for AIR.

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Update Adobe Air version? [ was Nick ]

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not possible to update Adobe Air version 21.0.0.198

My previous chat with Adobe was a waste of time and now they directed me to this forum. It is unprofessional from them. Perhaps their lack of effort to fix this issue is due to finance as it fails to generate money for them.

They wanted a screen shot of this issue, but they would not give me an email address to send it to.

When trying to update Adobe AIR it says "Error - Installation may not be allowed by your administrator. Contact your administrator".

That comment is of course nonsense.

I am sure this error is nothing new to them and they should not play ignorant about how to put their error right.

Those of you suffering the same problem as I and have found the answer for this issue then please send the answer to Adobe untrained software engineers so that the can publish it in their help pages for AIR.

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 03, 2017 0
LEGEND ,
Apr 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You forgot to explain the issue... and that screenshot you complain about might be useful as well if you can include it in your posting.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 03, 2017 1
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this discussion to the AIR Installation Issues forum.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 03, 2017 0
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You said "You forgot to explain the issue". No I did not, please read my

message through.

As for the "screenshot" I did include one. Adobe hid it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 04, 2017 0
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Could you try running the Fix-it tool available here https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2970908/how-to-use-microsoft-easy-fix-solutions . If you still find issues please provide us the log file. To locate the logs please go through Troubleshoot installation of Adobe AIR SDK on Windows link.

Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 05, 2017 1