• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Update from Air 3 to Air 15

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2014 Nov 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I run Glary Utilities, which tells me I need to upgrade from Air 3 to Air 15.

I go to Install/Delete programs - there is no record of ANY Air install or delete.

I download Air 15, and do the install..... it just goes into an endless loop throwing up a small window asking me to "agree" to install AIr setup. I click on the "I agree" button" - another window opens that sayys "Installing" - this window is quickly covered by another window that syas "Installer setup" with the options to "I agree" or "cancel".... and so on it goes. I've given up after twenty windows worth!!!

Eventually a window pops up telling me the program "might not have installed correctly" and offering the choice of using the recommended settings (which just repeats the whole cycle), or accepting that the program has installed correctly (which it hasn't).

I've tried with my antivirus program running, with it disabled etc., etc., etc.

This has happened dozens of times, and I'm pretty narky about it.

I can't even get a screen dump to post with this message (using Easy Screen Capture) because Adobe programs seem to take over my computer whenever they run.

What to do?

DO I EVEN NEED AIR 15???   How can I delete Air 3 if I can't "see" or find it???

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggest that you uninstall (not "delete") AIR 3 before installing the current version.

happychap wrote:

DO I EVEN NEED AIR 15???

Well, do you have any AIR applications installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggest that you uninstall (not "delete") AIR 3 before installing the current version.

Thanks, Pat... you may have overlooked the second line of my post.

WRT to needing AIr, I guess if some program needed Air so it would run, then it installed itself. Darwned if I know or can remember what that "some program" was! Seeing it's Air 3, that's a long time ago!

So -  f I can't find Air in an uninstall list, what do I do now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Adobe Lens Profile Downloader needs Adobe AIR to run.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your operating system?

Do you have any commercial Adobe software installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again, Thanks, Pat.

1     Win7 pro, SP1

2     Not as far as I know, unless Adobe Digital Editions counts. Adobe Reader 11 doesn't count as "commercial software", I don't think. In the murky past there may (may!) have been some softwrae attached to a camera, but I really don't remember.

Attached is a screen dump of all the Adobe programs I can locate... and one of the You have Air 3 to update messages from Glary UtilitiesUninstall2.jpgGlary1.jpg.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed the Glary Utilities updates as I've been prompted over the months and have Adobe AIR at the top of my programs list:

What I would do is install Adobe AIR 15 then uninstall it and see what Glary says after that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't appear as if you have any AIR apps installed that require the AIR runtime.

Since you cannot install AIR 15, I suggest that you re-download and install AIR 3.0, then hopefully be able to uninstall it.  Get AIR 3.0 from http://www.oldapps.com/adobe_air.php?old_adobe_air=6661

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Regrettably, the "hopefully be able to uninstall it" just didn't. I got the same errors as before... a new "install" window that overlaid all the previous Istall  windows, finally air3 install.jpgfollowed by THAT darn window!

I'm beginning to thing I'll have to raid the registry and hope for the best!...

or maybe not - just did a quick count - the phrase  "Adobe Air" appears over 80 times in my registry!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 18, 2014 Nov 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will move your post to the Adobe AIR forum, where someone from the Flash Player/AIR team may have a closer look at it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, once again, Pat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would just click the Re-Install Using Recommended Settings and see what happens.  Then look if it is in Add/Remove programs.  And if that didn't work, then click the This Program Installed Properly and see what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2014 Nov 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ssprengel wrote:

I would just click the Re-Install Using Recommended Settings and see what happens. 

The short answer is - see attachments to my posting, above.

ssprengel wrote:

Then look if it is in Add/Remove programs. .

Done that numerous times after each painfull and unproductive attempt to install Air 15. Nothing

ssprengel wrote:

And if that didn't work, then click the This Program Installed Properly and see what happens.

See previous posts. Round in circles - again!

Does anyone have any differing ideas? PLEASE????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 19, 2014 Nov 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines