• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Uploading to Itunes - Invalid type for UIDeviceFamily value

Participant ,
Oct 06, 2016 Oct 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uploaded an IPA file today. Saw this error the first time ?!

What i know i dont have enabled Family sharing at Itunes connect.

Please help.

This is the norig Mail from Apple

Dear developer,

We have discovered one or more issues with your recent delivery for "XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX". Your delivery was successful, but you may wish to correct the following issues in your next delivery:

Invalid type for UIDeviceFamily value - Values for UIDeviceFamily are expected to be integers.

After you’ve corrected the issues, you can use Xcode or Application Loader to upload a new binary to iTunes Connect.

Regards,

The App Store team

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is what i have in my Descripter - file

<key>UIDeviceFamily</key>

<array>

<string>1</string>

<string>2</string>

</array>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you have looks correct, and their message was just a warning. The submission may be ok.

But, someone from the AIR team should check to make sure that Apple haven't changed the UIDeviceFamily from String to Integer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had the same warning as well. The submission was successful however. This must be a change on Apple's end in the last couple days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We just got the same warning on an update, starting yesterday. It definitely was not a problem 3-4 days ago.

Breaking the UIDeviceFamily value could result in iPads or iPhone models saying the app is not compatible with them. Has anyone encountered this?

You cannot compile from AIR if the values in this array are changed to type <number>. So we are stuck with <string> unless AIRSDK is patched fast. This potentially breaks all new updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday we submit an update to one of our app and encounter the warning. To check this we logged on the itunes and take a look at the binary information, which do have correct information listed. So I guess everything should be okay. This is what we have in our descriptor.

<key>UIDeviceFamily</key>

<array>

<string>1</string>

<string>2</string>

</array>

And this is from itunes

iPhone / iPod touch, iPad

But we surely need an update to avoid this warning.

cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 07, 2016 Oct 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

We are aware of this issue and are working on same.

Thanks,

Ankit | Adobe AIR Engineering

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2016 Oct 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Itunes TestFlight does not work because of this.

We can't test our apps due to Invalid type for UIDeviceFamily value

​We need an urgent Air update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you get the same warning that other people saw? That is, "your delivery was successful, but you may wish to correct the following issues..."

If so, the app should still work with Test Flight.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I only got this "your delivery was successful, but you may wish to correct the following issues..."

but the build doesn't show in TestFlight at all.

I uploaded cordova ipa, it worked fine and appeared in TestFlight. But the adobe air one doesn't appear

in the Test Flight due to this error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Oct 11, 2016 Oct 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your email, usually you will receive an email by iTunes stating what exactly was the reason your build could not be processed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the following. My testFlight is not working.

Dear developer,

We have discovered one or more issues with your recent delivery for " Alphabet Tutor". Your delivery was successful, but you may wish to correct the following issues in your next delivery:

Invalid type for UIDeviceFamily value - Values for UIDeviceFamily are expected to be integers.

After you’ve corrected the issues, you can use Xcode or Application Loader to upload a new binary to iTunes Connect.

Regards,

The App Store team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The reason TestFlight didn't work was not down to UIDeviceFamily.

My xml file was missing the following:

<Entitlements><![CDATA[ <key>get-task-allow</key><false/><key>beta-reports-active</key><true/>]]></Entitlements>

Once I added this, TestFlight worked.

So UIDeviceFamily is not a major issue here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 07, 2016 Oct 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. Will watch for any updates here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2016 Oct 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to note that our app went live and all good. So I think you can avoid that warning for now. Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2016 Oct 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is STILL an issue.  The complile and submission to iTunes Connect works, however, the TestFlight app will NOT let you install, says it's "not compatible".  If you take the same IPA file and install manually (using iTunes), then, this works.  But, TestFlight must also look at this key and it's failing.

PLEASE FIX ASAP!!!!

ios 10 (iPad) error on install using iTunes

ios 10 (iPhone) works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To clarify my post above, iPhone install in TestFlight works, but, does not work on iPad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried renaming the .ipa to .zip, locating the pinfo file and changing the DeviceInfo <string> to <integer>? I do not know if the .ipa has a signature that would prevent this from working, its just an idea.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 20, 2016 Oct 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

does not work, it does not find the identity

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 13, 2016 Oct 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I currently have the same issue ( SDK 22 and 23 )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2016 Oct 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same problem.

If I upload new ipa file to iTunes connect,I can't select build target.

So I can't upgrade now!

What adobe doing now?? When can I release?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 19, 2016 Oct 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

we have exactly the same problem. Using macOS Sierra, Application Loader 3.6, SDK 23

can't make any updates. Apple rejects also in TestFlight. When there will be a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2016 Oct 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, if you're struggling to upload your app to iTunes Connect, I've found a way to modify the Info.plist and resign the IPA:

- rename your IPA to ipaName.zip

- unzip the IPA

- go in the Payload folder, right click on the app, show package contents

- open the file Info.plist

- change the UIDeviceFamily item0/1 type to Number

- open a terminal, navigate to the folder where the Payload folder is, type "zip -qry whatever.ipa Payload"

- download iOS App Signer ​

- resign your IPA with the right certificates

I was able to upload, and submit for App Store without any warning

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 21, 2016 Oct 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, sorry but with distribution certificate does not work. works with developer, but not with iphone distribution. thanks for the reply

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines