Highlighted

Uploading to Itunes - Invalid type for UIDeviceFamily value

Explorer ,
Oct 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uploaded an IPA file today. Saw this error the first time ?!

What i know i dont have enabled Family sharing at Itunes connect.

Please help.

This is the norig Mail from Apple

Dear developer,

We have discovered one or more issues with your recent delivery for "XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX". Your delivery was successful, but you may wish to correct the following issues in your next delivery:

Invalid type for UIDeviceFamily value - Values for UIDeviceFamily are expected to be integers.

After you’ve corrected the issues, you can use Xcode or Application Loader to upload a new binary to iTunes Connect.

Regards,

The App Store team

Topics

Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Uploading to Itunes - Invalid type for UIDeviceFamily value

Explorer ,
Oct 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uploaded an IPA file today. Saw this error the first time ?!

What i know i dont have enabled Family sharing at Itunes connect.

Please help.

This is the norig Mail from Apple

Dear developer,

We have discovered one or more issues with your recent delivery for "XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX". Your delivery was successful, but you may wish to correct the following issues in your next delivery:

Invalid type for UIDeviceFamily value - Values for UIDeviceFamily are expected to be integers.

After you’ve corrected the issues, you can use Xcode or Application Loader to upload a new binary to iTunes Connect.

Regards,

The App Store team

Topics

Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Explorer ,
Oct 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is what i have in my Descripter - file

<key>UIDeviceFamily</key>

<array>

<string>1</string>

<string>2</string>

</array>

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you have looks correct, and their message was just a warning. The submission may be ok.

But, someone from the AIR team should check to make sure that Apple haven't changed the UIDeviceFamily from String to Integer.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had the same warning as well. The submission was successful however. This must be a change on Apple's end in the last couple days.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We just got the same warning on an update, starting yesterday. It definitely was not a problem 3-4 days ago.

Breaking the UIDeviceFamily value could result in iPads or iPhone models saying the app is not compatible with them. Has anyone encountered this?

You cannot compile from AIR if the values in this array are changed to type <number>. So we are stuck with <string> unless AIRSDK is patched fast. This potentially breaks all new updates.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday we submit an update to one of our app and encounter the warning. To check this we logged on the itunes and take a look at the binary information, which do have correct information listed. So I guess everything should be okay. This is what we have in our descriptor.

<key>UIDeviceFamily</key>

<array>

<string>1</string>

<string>2</string>

</array>

And this is from itunes

iPhone / iPod touch, iPad

But we surely need an update to avoid this warning.

cheers

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

We are aware of this issue and are working on same.

Thanks,

Ankit | Adobe AIR Engineering

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Itunes TestFlight does not work because of this.

We can't test our apps due to Invalid type for UIDeviceFamily value

​We need an urgent Air update.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you get the same warning that other people saw? That is, "your delivery was successful, but you may wish to correct the following issues..."

If so, the app should still work with Test Flight.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I only got this "your delivery was successful, but you may wish to correct the following issues..."

but the build doesn't show in TestFlight at all.

I uploaded cordova ipa, it worked fine and appeared in TestFlight. But the adobe air one doesn't appear

in the Test Flight due to this error.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Advocate ,
Oct 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your email, usually you will receive an email by iTunes stating what exactly was the reason your build could not be processed.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the following. My testFlight is not working.

Dear developer,

We have discovered one or more issues with your recent delivery for " Alphabet Tutor". Your delivery was successful, but you may wish to correct the following issues in your next delivery:

Regards,

The App Store team

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The reason TestFlight didn't work was not down to UIDeviceFamily.

My xml file was missing the following:

<Entitlements><![CDATA[ <key>get-task-allow</key><false/><key>beta-reports-active</key><true/>]]></Entitlements>

Once I added this, TestFlight worked.

So UIDeviceFamily is not a major issue here.

2 Likes

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. Will watch for any updates here.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines