• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Uploading to Itunes - Invalid type for UIDeviceFamily value

Participant ,
Oct 06, 2016 Oct 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uploaded an IPA file today. Saw this error the first time ?!

What i know i dont have enabled Family sharing at Itunes connect.

Please help.

This is the norig Mail from Apple

Dear developer,

We have discovered one or more issues with your recent delivery for "XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX". Your delivery was successful, but you may wish to correct the following issues in your next delivery:

Invalid type for UIDeviceFamily value - Values for UIDeviceFamily are expected to be integers.

After you’ve corrected the issues, you can use Xcode or Application Loader to upload a new binary to iTunes Connect.

Regards,

The App Store team

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2016 Oct 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@App runner KG : what's the problem exactly ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The distribution certificate is not accepted by the program. I get an error message, but the certificate is ok. Tried with developer certificate and this works,  but can't send to AppStore with this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To ElsaPrieto

I am trying your suggestion to modify the info.plist, but I am confused regarding the following suggestion:

"- change the UIDeviceFamily item0/1 type to Number"

Here is how my info.plist reads:

<key>UIDeviceFamily</key>

<array>

<string>1</string>

<string>2</string>

</array>

What should I change?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you open the file with XCode you only have to change the type to Number. If you're opening the file with a text editor, here is what it should look like:

<array>

<integer>1</integer>

<integer>2</integer>

</array>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Elsa,

Thanks for the clarification!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems wrong. The variable type that it's expecting is Number, not Integer. You can examine IPA files from the App Store, and see that the value is normally Number.

<array>

<number>1</number>

<number>2</number>

</array>

might work I suppose. But the whole thing only seems to be a problem for people using Test Flight, and even then some have succeeded. Submissions to the App Store are getting through ok, the error is only a warning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a copy-and-paste of the plist XCode saved after changing the type to Number. I submitted a build yesterday with this plist without any warning. It's coherent with the warning that says "Values for UIDeviceFamily are expected to be integers."

The error should only be a warning, but in my case Itunes Connect didn't let me chose the build to submit for the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 25, 2016 Oct 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that XCode has also switched to using integer, we just recently did a sticker pack with the newest XCode and the Info.plist it generated has integer here instead of number.  Since XCode is now using integer, that's probably what they're expecting for all new submissions and why it's sending the warning message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2016 Oct 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a fix for this yet?

I'm currently unable to use TestFlight on the iPad even with the plist settings.

(I had plist settings for TestFlight that have been working for months and allowed beta testing, but its no longer working with those settings)

Also, I'm not sure if its related, but I can't seem to access HTTPS URL's either

I've had to revert back to using HTTP URLS and I also had to whitelist the URLs of our servers that our app contacts.

e.g.

<key>NSAppTransportSecurity</key>

<dict>

<key>NSExceptionDomains</key>

<dict>

<key>localhost</key>

<dict>

<key>NSTemporaryExceptionAllowsInsecureHTTPLoads</key>

<true/>

</dict>

<key>www.mysite.com/key>

<dict>

<key>NSTemporaryExceptionAllowsInsecureHTTPLoads</key>

<true/>

</dict>       

</dict>

</dict>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 29, 2016 Oct 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The AIR 24 beta that has been posted does now use integers for UIDeviceFamily. Unfortunately, the Mac package is still the AIR 23 one. I've asked for that to be fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 30, 2016 Oct 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I heard back from Adobe, they know they have to fix the Mac package link. It isn't fixed yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Mac version is fixed now. It works differently than before. Previously you would download the archive and expand it as a folder, which you could immediately point Animate to. Now it downloads a disk image file, so you have to create a folder and copy the files over. Unless you're willing to always have the disk image mounted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a note for anyone else having to hand edit their XXXX-app.xml file.

I had to change the <application> tag to

<application xmlns="http://ns.adobe.com/air/application/24.0">

Also

I tried changing

<key>UIDeviceFamily</key><array><string>2</string></array><key>I

to

<key>UIDeviceFamily</key><array><integer>2</integer></array><key>

But this causes an error.

I presume the SDK is converting these strings into "integers" in the IPA file, but I've not had chance to upload to iTunes to confirm this, as I have some other issues with my App I have to fix (which are unrelated to this problem)

PPS.

I have to hand edit my XXXX-app.xml file, as I have some custom configs including access a local web server which is not https, and also enabling Beta testing (Testflight), and AFIK there isnt a UI for any of this in Adobe Animate CC2015.2 which I'm using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 31, 2016 Oct 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rogerc96594825,

I just "unzipped" a test ipa exported from Adobe Animate, and you're right - the sdk converts the strings into integers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THIS IS STILL AN ISSUE!  I tried updating a App this morning and still received the error message.  Please get this fixed right away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A hotfix in AIR 23 SDK would be nice for people (like me) who don't want to publish with beta versions. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Everyone,

This issue has been fixed in AIR 24 beta Download Adobe AIR 24 Beta - Adobe Labs

The AIR sdk now changes string from application descriptor to integer in Info.plist in the ipa.

Thanks,

Krati | Adobe AIR Engineering

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you say anything about the App Thinning problems have also seen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2016 Nov 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Krgupta,

The AIR 24 SDK beta for flex developers is now a DMG file versus the TAR archive. How do you handle an overlay of the AIR 24 SDK beta over an existing Apache Flex SDK?

The previously released documentation on AIR SDK overlay do not seem to work with the DMG version on Mac. Overlay results in an invalid Flex SDK with loading into Flash Builder 4.7.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you make a folder and copy the AIR 24 files into it, it's then the same situation as if you had decompressed the TAR file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks you for the reply Colin!

You are correct, I ended up manually doing a delete/replace of the AIR SDK files in the Apache Flex SDK folder using what was supplied in the DMG file from Adobe Labs. The resulting Apache Flex 4.15.0 SDK with AIR 24 Beta now loads into Flash Builder 4.7 without issue. For some reason doing a copy and replace over the old files on Mac OS X was not working as expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WARNING ITMS-90686: "Invalid type for UIDeviceFamily value.Values for UIDeviceFamily are expected to be integers."

I can't sale My APP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

See my reply to the other post you made, about getting using AIR 24 instead of AIR 23.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines