• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

URL Schemes: access openURL and canOpenURL calls in iOS9

Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2015 Nov 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, we have a suite of iOS apps that switch between each other: open App A and it can launch App B, C, or D, and vice versa (with all combos thereof). In the past we have used the "CFBundleURLSchemes" node in the application xml descriptor to identify the app; our code then held which of those schemes were acceptable and then used a simple "navigateToURL" call (flash.net.navigateToURL) to switch to the other app. If the navigateToURL call was not successful within x seconds, we decided that the other app was not installed & threw up an error for the user.

However with the iOS9 release I understand that switching apps is subject to a new security protocol. Details here Awkward Hare - Quick Take on iOS 9 URL Scheme Changes and here About Apple URL Schemes.

I'm wondering if anyone else has worked with this feature in iOS9 and if so, what your implementation looks like. Specifically, I'd like to use the canOpenURL call to test if the other app is available (authorized & installed), and then use the openURL call to launch the second app, but it's unclear to me what the AS code looks like. Nothing jumped out at me from the AS docs, was wondering if I needed to use an ANE for this.

TIA,

--Chi-An

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines