Highlighted

Using a ANE containing a GLSurfaceView with a Loader

New Here ,
Sep 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created an ANE (for Android) so I can use some external java code I have written. This code is used to display OpenGL graphics, and it also creates a GLSurfaceView on which to display this.

This setup works fine, and I can call the ANE to load up the GLSurfaceView from my Air application without a problem. However, I  want to use Air's Loader class to display a SWF file in front of the GLSurfaceView. I have managed to get this to work, but the background of the Loader view is always white - I assume this is because the 'background' is actually the root SWF. I really want this background to be transparent so it will show my GLSurfaceView. Is there anyway to accomplish this? I have tried setting background transparencies on all the views in the ANE, setting alpha's on the views in Air and setting 'transparency' to 'true' in my Air XML, but with no success.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Using a ANE containing a GLSurfaceView with a Loader

New Here ,
Sep 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created an ANE (for Android) so I can use some external java code I have written. This code is used to display OpenGL graphics, and it also creates a GLSurfaceView on which to display this.

This setup works fine, and I can call the ANE to load up the GLSurfaceView from my Air application without a problem. However, I  want to use Air's Loader class to display a SWF file in front of the GLSurfaceView. I have managed to get this to work, but the background of the Loader view is always white - I assume this is because the 'background' is actually the root SWF. I really want this background to be transparent so it will show my GLSurfaceView. Is there anyway to accomplish this? I have tried setting background transparencies on all the views in the ANE, setting alpha's on the views in Air and setting 'transparency' to 'true' in my Air XML, but with no success.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 03, 2014 0
Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no answer but I'm very interested how did you create glsurfaceview and attached to the stage. Is it through new activity or did you add it to the launcher activity.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 07, 2016 0
Explorer ,
Oct 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can not display adobe air displayobject in front of native android View object.

if you can accomplish this then you can just addAdobe air root view on top of android native view

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 13, 2018 0