Highlighted

using -pingbackAllowed in command line silent install fails

New Here ,
Dec 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got a script to install an Air based app, the crucial part of which is:

sudo /Applications/Utilities/Adobe\ AIR\ Application\ Installer.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe\ AIR\ Application\ Installer -silent -eulaAccepted -location /Applications /private/tmp/Traffic14.1.0\ Update/TrafficApplication-Installer.air

This works fine but I now want to change this so that it checks for AIR updates using -pingbackAllowed option, so when i add it to the above line like so:

sudo /Applications/Utilities/Adobe\ AIR\ Application\ Installer.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe\ AIR\ Application\ Installer -silent -eulaAccepted -pingbackAllowed -location /Applications /private/tmp/Traffic14.1.0\ Update/TrafficApplication-Installer.air

it fails with a "too many arguments" error.

So i remove the -eulaAccepted argument but still get the same error

Am I doing something wrong?

I'm running this OS X 10.9.5

Thanks in advance

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

using -pingbackAllowed in command line silent install fails

New Here ,
Dec 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got a script to install an Air based app, the crucial part of which is:

sudo /Applications/Utilities/Adobe\ AIR\ Application\ Installer.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe\ AIR\ Application\ Installer -silent -eulaAccepted -location /Applications /private/tmp/Traffic14.1.0\ Update/TrafficApplication-Installer.air

This works fine but I now want to change this so that it checks for AIR updates using -pingbackAllowed option, so when i add it to the above line like so:

sudo /Applications/Utilities/Adobe\ AIR\ Application\ Installer.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe\ AIR\ Application\ Installer -silent -eulaAccepted -pingbackAllowed -location /Applications /private/tmp/Traffic14.1.0\ Update/TrafficApplication-Installer.air

it fails with a "too many arguments" error.

So i remove the -eulaAccepted argument but still get the same error

Am I doing something wrong?

I'm running this OS X 10.9.5

Thanks in advance

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 03, 2014 0

Have something to add?