• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Vector smash protection on stagewebview?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2016 Sep 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've been noticing some changes on the behavior of the StageWebview object on recent versions of Adobe AIR on Windows target. Currently, one that is making my life difficult is the "vector smash protection" issue raised when I try to run a HTML5 canvas application inside it.

I've been using the StageWebview to add some "interactive widgets" written on javascript for html5 canvas on my apps. This worked really well until AIR 18. On most recent versions of AIR, I get an "vector smash protection" issue on the console window while debugging the app. The very same code produces a valid output on AIR 18, running the html5 canvas page inside the Stagewebview and this problem on more recent versions on Windows.

Is this an expected issue? Do the recent AIR version are intended to block this kind of content inside the webview or is this an uncatched bug?

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 28, 2016 Sep 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Vector smash protection is the additional security mitigation which defend against memory abuse by a would-be attacker, there may be some cases this message will appear which should be fine.

Please send a sample project to narrow down the issue and check if functionality is fine.

Regards,

Nitin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2016 Sep 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Nitin.

The issue is easily reproduce with this simple code:

var vw:StageWebView = new StageWebView(true);

vw.viewPort = new Rectangle(0, 0, stage.stageWidth, stage.stageHeight);

vw.addEventListener(ErrorEvent.ERROR, onError);

vw.stage = stage;

vw.loadURL('http://ciclope.com.br/arquivos/trilha/');

The url I put above ('http://ciclope.com.br/arquivos/trilha/') is a valid one that always raises the problem. The issue seems strange since the page loads and works ok on other systems like Mac or Android.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 29, 2016 Sep 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Lucas,

This issue is not reproducible with the given url, app using this url load the site and there is no warning or mentioned message displayed. Also, windows desktop AIR app with AIR sdk 23 is working properly.

Could you please provide more information such as screenshot of the error, machine information, Animate version you are using, possible working app etc

Regards,

Nitin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2016 Sep 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Nitin.

I double checked here and the problem keeps happening. Here are the info you requested, describing what I'm using:

AIR SDK 23 (set with swf verion 34)

Apache Flex 4.15.0 (with the corresponding Adobe-provided AIR SDK)

Windows 10 64bit Anniversary Edition / corei7 5th generarion / 16GB ram

Here a link to the built AIR installer package and the source for a simple project where the issue happens:

http://ciclope.com.br/arquivos/TesteWindows.zip

The url of the testing content:

Descubra as Cidades

A screenshot with the error (the webview is showing the no-canvas fallback for the loaded content, not the intended one):

vectorsmash.jpg

A screenshot of the intended content:

intendedcontent.jpg

Thank you for your time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 30, 2016 Sep 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Lucas,

This issue is reproducible on Windows 10, app works fine on Windows 7, Windows 8.1, OSX. However, I did not find the message "vector smash protection is enabled" at debug console but content is not loaded on windows 10.

This is being looked into and will update the thread with more details.

Regards,

Nitin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines